Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Please pick your point and stick to it. You said that England will not get out of the group. Against 3 other teams with abysmal World Cup records. 9 points available and 4 usually enough.

You know what my point was. Don't try and be clever. I said it wouldn't surprise me if we failed to get out of the group. You implied, with your silly comment,  I was being ridiculous. 

We didn't beat the USA in 2014. And beating Wales is no certainty, imo.

That's my point. As well you know.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's basically Villa under Steve Bruce. "But he got us to a semifinal/final" is Southgate's version of "but he got us to a playoff final".

The thing is if your squad is ridiculously good you can win a tournament even if you’re an awful manager. Phil Scholari and Deschamps are great examples of this.  Even that looney that managed France lost a World Cup final by penalties.

England’s problem is they aren’t a ridiculously good squad. So that top manager could make all the difference. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You know what my point was. Don't try and be clever. I said it wouldn't surprise me if we failed to get out of the group. You implied, with your silly comment,  I was being ridiculous. 

We didn't beat the USA in 2014. And beating Wales is no certainty, imo.

That's my point. As well you know.

England will definitely get through the group stage. Please do not worry. Goodnight.

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's basically Villa under Steve Bruce. "But he got us to a semifinal/final" is Southgate's version of "but he got us to a playoff final".

I honestly think Bruce managing this squad would produce more entertainment.

He'd get the lads to bond and tell Jack and Foden to go and get some goals. Kane wouldn't be allowed into his own half and the others would just have to roll up wor sleeves etc.

Edited by TheAuthority

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I honestly think Bruce managing this squad would produce more entertainment.

He'd get the lads to bond and tell Jack and Foden to go and get some goals. Kane wouldn't be allowed into his own half and the others would just have to roll up wor sleeves etc.

I honestly thought you were going to say, "and tell Jack and Foden to go and get some kebabs ". 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Ex player. Villa made his playing career. Managed England u21s > Academy. Picked several Villa seniors for England. Hardly any other English club managers to select. Stevie to succeed Klopp.

giphy.gif

Southgate will end up at somewhere like Middlesbrough or Sheffield United once England have had enough and his media buddies will describe it as a massive coup. He'll then proceed to failure horribly and fade into obscurity, absolutely 0 chance he'll manage us.

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Well, it is far more likely than England losing to USA, Iran & Wales.

He won't be managing Villa, because he will have no success to prove he can manage a top 6 football team. 😉

4 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Ex player. Villa made his playing career. Managed England u21s > Academy. Picked several Villa seniors for England. Hardly any other English club managers to select. Stevie to succeed Klopp.

I think Southgate is an unpopular figure with Villa fans, given his departure and Grealish antics. If Gerrard takes over after Klopp it means he has delivered at a high level here, and that I would assume would open the door to more established and reputable coaches. 

8 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Nah he's got a FA job for life, he'll have the England managers job for as long as he wants it - my guess would be until after the 2028 euros if we host them - and then he'll get a cushy number on the circuit

Said in another thread he's the next Trevor Brooking, wheel him out for the FA Cup final and then send him back to his desk and his role of technical excellence director or whatever bullshit they come up with 

Â