Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

not sure how you come to that conclusion.

They have spent 141m, which is 2m less than we did in our promotion year (as of now).

They were also in a similar position to us of losing many of the players who helped get them promoted (Davis, Zinkernagel, Garner, Grabban, Samba, Lolley, Figueiredo etc).

They are basically a mirror copy of us in our promotion year.

Yeah we spent a similar amount of building a team and getting in crucial first teamers.  We didn't add right back onto right back onto right back.

It's just gluttony.  PL gluttony.

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah we spent a similar amount of building a team and getting in crucial first teamers.  We didn't add right back onto right back onto right back.

It's just gluttony.  PL gluttony.

i assume you mean left backs? (as they have signed 3?)

They signed Omar Richards as their first choice left back, they then signed Toffolo as backup/competition.

Richards got a serious injury so now Toffolo is their only real primary left back.

They have now signed Lodi, to be i assume, their first choice left back?

I could bee wrong, but i assume Richards is out for a fair stint as he got a leg fracture.

Toffolo cost them 5m (could be less, as it was a double deal for Toffolo/O'Brien for 10m from Huddersfield), Richards 8m and Lodi a loan (4m loan fee?) - so 3 signings, of whom one has a fairly serious injury, for a few million more than we paid for Targett.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i assume you mean left backs? (as they have signed 3?)

They signed Omar Richards as their first choice left back, they then signed Toffolo as backup/competition.

Richards got a serious injury so now Toffolo is their only real primary left back.

They have now signed Lodi, to be i assume, their first choice left back?

I could bee wrong, but i assume Richards is out for a fair stint as he got a leg fracture.

Toffolo cost them 5m (could be less, as it was a double deal for Toffolo/O'Brien for 10m from Huddersfield), Richards 8m and Lodi a loan (4m loan fee?) - so 3 signings, of whom one has a fairly serious injury, for a few million more than we paid for Targett.

They signed Biancone more than capable at right back they signed Neco Williams a right back and now they are signing Aurier a right back.

It's ludicrous 

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They signed Biancone more than capable at right back they signed Neco Williams a right back and now they are signing Aurier a right back.

It's ludicrous 

didnt know they were signing Aurier, 3 RB's is a bit OTT.

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

didnt know they were signing Aurier, 3 RB's is a bit OTT.

Ah, they are truly emulating us. Soon they too will have 11 full backs congregating around the opponent's corner flag each game.

Edited by daft

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's ludicrous 

Weird anger.  From a starting point of having 0 right backs, they now have 1 and someone who can cover there, with a view to signing another.

Woah, hold on Forest... 😐 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

Hope all this spending gets them properly investigated or docked points. 

Why? Bascially doing the same as Villa did when we got promoted, but with 3 years worth of football inflation since then.

We spent around £140m when we came up, that must be £200m in footballing terms now. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why? Bascially doing the same as Villa did when we got promoted, but with 3 years worth of football inflation since then.

We spent around £140m when we came up, that must be £200m in footballing terms now. 

We didn't buy 20 players 

We signed a lot of players when we were promoted but a number of them were players that we had on loan in the championship, and we still used a lot of our championship players, our first line-up that season featured Taylor, Mings, Elmohamady, Hourihane, Grealish, McGinn, and El Ghazi, that' seven players that were with us in the championship, and I think most of those saw plenty of game time as the season progressed.

Forest have taken it to an whole other level, they've signed not just a new team, but a new squad, barely feels like the same team I watched at the end of the last season to see how Davis was getting on.

Incredible transfer window, how many did we sign in summer 2019 and people were saying we signed too many given the average results after.

No idea what the starting 11 is going to be in a months time when they play us but City Ground don't really care as they're just loving being back in the prem.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

pokemon.

Batshuayi is genuinely one for forgotten players thread. When did he last seriously play for Chelsea, 2018? Can remember him being loaned to Palace a few times and then linked to us but no idea where he's been last two signings.

Not sure how it's going to work for them upfront, got the new guy from Germany who scored v West Ham but has been on the bench since, Dennis by all accounts is a difficult character if he isn't starting, Batshuyai won't be wanting to warm the bench and then you need to fit in the pace of Johnson and also Lingard on 100k a week aswell so that will be tricky for Cooper to juggle as season goes on I reckon as plenty of ego in that mix.

• Like 2

Â