Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, useless said:

£20m for Chukwuemeka isn't mad, if he was contracted to us for longer and wanted to stay, we wouldn't have even begun to entertain a bid of £20m for him. There's a reason we tried to keep him and make him England's best paid teenager, which is also the same reason why Chelsea were prepared to pay £20m for him now even though they could have got him for much less in January, that reason being his potential is totally off the edge.

I like Gibbs-White was very impressed with him for Sheffield United last year, £25m plus add-ons not a bad deal for Forest at all, but if I was given a choice of Chukwuemeka or Gibbs-White, I'd choose chukwuemeka every time, as long as Chelsea handle his development right he's going to the top.

We also didn’t get £20m for him.

Due to the performance based add ons we only get £20m if he becomes a success for Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I love the fact that most media commentators have basically airbrushed the last 30 years or so of Forest's history and just keep on making lazy references to Clough, when most supporters under 35 would have no idea what they are on about. Its also slightly amusing that the same commentators always seem to have a blind spot when talking about Saunders/Barton at Villa. I suppose they were at the club for a shorter period of time and it's further in the past,  and were less media friendly, but still does me chuckle a bit.

Not to mention they've also spent significantly more of their history outside the top flight than than in it.  The Clough years were far more of an exception than a rule.   They've spent 57 seasons in the top flight and 100 seasons out of it.   They're level pegging with Blues and behind Stoke,  Middlesbrough and Burnley (Still ahead of Leeds though 😂😂) yet they're held up as a sleeping giant all the time. 

On 25/08/2022 at 17:56, jacketspuds said:

Apparently in talks for Renan Lodi from Atletico Madrid.

Bonkers summer spend for them.

Signed on a 12 month loan.

That's just the 18 players in then.

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hope they get relegated now.

Obscene level of chucking money about.

At least they are giving it a go. Better that than Norwich or Bournemouth who get promoted and then plan for the next promotion run once the formality of relegation is out of the way 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

At least they are giving it a go. Better that than Norwich or Bournemouth who get promoted and then plan for the next promotion run once the formality of relegation is out of the way 

Near twenty signings. No, there's giving it a go and just chucking money.

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah. I like Forest. And they have a very good coach.  I think that we spent nearly as much as them 4 seasons ago. . Nothing wrong with going for it if you have an idea of what you are going to do. There will be some misses in there but also some wins .  

I for one am dreading a night game at their place. It will be thunderous . 

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

not sure how you come to that conclusion.

They have spent 141m, which is 2m less than we did in our promotion year (as of now).

They were also in a similar position to us of losing many of the players who helped get them promoted (Davis, Zinkernagel, Garner, Grabban, Samba, Lolley, Figueiredo etc).

They are basically a mirror copy of us in our promotion year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â