Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When did he last have a good season, 2018? That's a shocking bit of business

He’s bang average. If he didn’t play for United he’d be a nobody. 

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s bang average. If he didn’t play for United he’d be a nobody. 

Yep he is one that would do nothing for months then pop up with a goal and the media be praising him again, the West Ham loan seems to be the only real consistent bit of Premier League form he has shown in about 8 seasons

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep he is one that would do nothing for months then pop up with a goal and the media be praising him again, the West Ham loan seems to be the only real consistent bit of Premier League form he has shown in about 8 seasons

And even then he was massively overperforming statistically. He’s never going to return that form consistently. That purple patch ended long before the end of the season but people only remember that good run of games. 

It helped Lingard that he had really good players feeding him the ball at West Ham.

Will be much trickier to get goals with Forest.

Edited by maqroll

He'll do OK to well for them. The 10 in their formation is crucial and Lingard is a better bet than Zinckernagel. He always finds space well really well the little berk.

West Ham obviously very upset he's snubbed them and wanted to get £200k a week line out to whoever they could. It could have done the damage they wanted as well, even if strictly he's only on £80k. If Lingard is on £200k a week so is Bouba Kamara.

Players moving on free deals is going to become increasingly common.

Out of the three clubs forest have the best chance of staying up i think.

The lingard signing is not a disaster at all. One year contract, if they go down they release him and dont have to oay his massive wages in championship.  I think thats a smart move

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same as before, its massively telling that even now West Ham didn't sign him

They wanted to sign him twice, but last season he was thought he could get back into the man United team, and this season he picked Forest, because of a few tens of thousands of reasons per week

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Out of the three clubs forest have the best chance of staying up i think.

They'll finish bottom

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The lingard signing is not a disaster at all. One year contract, if they go down they release him and dont have to oay his massive wages in championship.  I think thats a smart move

That's not the issue. It's the insane difference in his wages and the majority of the squad. You can excuse that for a real quality player. But it's Jesse Lingard

Yeah I am not convinced they will get near 25 points still, McKenna will be this seasons Grant Hanley saw him get destroyed by Kazakhstan once when we were linked to him and COlback was still playing last season

Awoniyi isnt going to hit the ground running, he struggled initially in Germany before finally adapting and the other signings arent very inspriing. O'Brien might be the pick of the bunch

We had about 7 players on promotion but Grealish and McGinn are better than what Forest came up with, Conor of that season would probably get into the team

Just now, Zatman said:

Yeah I am not convinced they will get near 25 points still, McKenna will be this seasons Grant Hanley saw him get destroyed by Kazakhstan once when we were linked to him and COlback was still playing last season

Awoniyi isnt going to hit the ground running, he struggled initially in Germany before finally adapting and the other signings arent very inspriing. O'Brien might be the pick of the bunch

We had about 7 players on promotion but Grealish and McGinn are better than what Forest came up with, Conor of that season would probably get into the team

McKenna won't be a first team player - they've signed Niakhate and Biancone to strengthen their central defence and I imagine they both start alongside Worrall, although Cook may well start for the settling in period.  Colback won't play either, I think he came in when Max Lowe got injured and essentially covered left wing-back.  Again, they've sided players in that position now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I think they'll stay up.

I’d like them to stay up. But I can’t see it. Their squad was absolutely miles away from a PL club and whilst they’ve made some signings it’s not enough. 

Can’t see anything other than a comfortable relegation

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d like them to stay up. But I can’t see it. Their squad was absolutely miles away from a PL club and whilst they’ve made some signings it’s not enough. 

Can’t see anything other than a comfortable relegation

More points than any other team since Cooper came in and strengthened in basically every area aside from arguably right back, where Spence was great for them.

I think Henderson on loan is a great signing (comfortably a top half/top 6 level keeper), Williams had a great half-season at Fulham, Niakhate got rave reviews last season as Mainz achieved their best ever Bundesliga finish, Awoniyi was of the top Bundesliga goal scorers and, even though he's a dickhead, Lingard on his day is a very good player.  Big shame losing Richards to a leg break (apparently) as he'd be an exciting wing-back too.

They'll be bringing in more players too.  The problem they face is whether or not they can gel so many in, so quickly.  But other than that, they look like an exciting prospect to me rather than a team nailed on to finish bottom.

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

More points than any other team since Cooper came in and strengthened in basically every area aside from arguably right back, where Spence was great for them.

I think Henderson on loan is a great signing (comfortably a top half/top 6 level keeper), Williams had a great half-season at Fulham, Niakhate got rave reviews last season as Mainz achieved their best ever Bundesliga finish, Awoniyi was of the top Bundesliga goal scorers and, even though he's a dickhead, Lingard on his day is a very good player.  Big shame losing Richards to a leg break (apparently) as he'd be an exciting wing-back too.

They'll be bringing in more players too.  The problem they face is whether or not they can gel so many in, so quickly.  But other than that, they look like an exciting prospect to me rather than a team nailed on to finish bottom.

Awoniyi struggled though when Kruse left in mid season and his form dropped and Lingard isnt as good as Kruse to support him, maybe Johnson is in the future

Mainz had a good season but wasnt the highest finish ever either, they have finished top 6 a few seasons back.Niakhate will need to hit the ground running too

Edited by Zatman

Â