Memorable Film Scenes & Acting Performances

maqroll

Final scene from Annette so obvously a spoiler, video thumbnail is a spoiler in of itself, and obviously more impactful when you've seen the whole film, but amazing performance from the actors involved

Spoiler

• 7 months later...

A few which do it for me......

Silence of The Lambs - Prison Escape

Interstellar - Years of video log messages

Robocop (1987) - Drug Factory bust

Eurovision: Fire Saga - The scene where the semi-final votes/winners come in to the soundtrack of Sigur Ros (This is my guilty pleasure scene - beautifully acted and feels completely out of place in a comedy)

Hot Rod - Whiskey

Edited by DeadlyDirk

Watching S5 ep8 of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel last night, and there's an absolute little gem of a scene with Abe (Tony Shalhoub) and his old mates sitting round a restaurant table, ruminating on their their changing lives. Understated, no laugh track, but beautifully written and played. 

EDIT: I'm almost certain the writers were riffing on the 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketch, but gave it a poignant twist, as Abe, the normally un-self-aware buffoon suddenly doubts himself. Brilliantly done. 

Edited by mjmooney

Signs - the Brazilian birthday party

Still one of the most quietly horrifying scenes ever.

Meet Joe Black is basically 3hrs of quietly effecting scenes about death, legacy, love and family, so there's various scenes you could add (Hopkins has so many great scenes in this you could do a super cut of Oscar worthy stuff) but this is the one that seems to most stick in the memory for most people.

Another one with a few scenes you could add - clocking out, the subway, the bathroom, 'you get what you deserve' - but this scene is just perfect. Even the Glitter soundtrack just fits.

Ken Watanabe is basically a cheat code for great performances, but the scenes of him discussing the differing approaches to life between the samurai and the Western world are the highlights of the Last Samurai.

I'll think of more.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Signs - the Brazilian birthday party

Still one of the most quietly horrifying scenes ever.

Meet Joe Black is basically 3hrs of quietly effecting scenes about death, legacy, love and family, so there's various scenes you could add (Hopkins has so many great scenes in this you could do a super cut of Oscar worthy stuff) but this is the one that seems to most stick in the memory for most people.

Another one with a few scenes you could add - clocking out, the subway, the bathroom, 'you get what you deserve' - but this scene is just perfect. Even the Glitter soundtrack just fits.

Ken Watanabe is basically a cheat code for great performances, but the scenes of him discussing the differing approaches to life between the samurai and the Western world are the highlights of the Last Samurai.

I'll think of more.

Yes, that Signs scene was really well done, and easily the scariest scene in the film. But the fact that he says "Move, children. Vamanos!" is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Edited by maqroll

One of the best bits of a hugely entertaining movie, which I have watched at least a dozen times (probably nearer to 20).

Beware, some fruity language ;)

• Like 1

I was actually looking for just the hypnosis scene here but stumbled on the spider walk scene as well so its a 2 for 1 video.

The hypnosis scene in the book is probably my favourite part of any book

Edit: because the spider walk scene is age restricted youtube is being a dick head and won't let me post it so you've just got the hypnosis scene

Edited by leemond2008

Â