Memorable Film Scenes & Acting Performances

maqroll

21 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

One of my all time favourite films, Madeline Kahn was in my opinion, the greatest comedy actress of them all, gone too soon.

Her Lili Von Shtupp character, in Blazing Saddles, always has me laughing, just from the name alone.

Another female favourite, I always find hilarious is Thelma Ritter, who has some absolutely killing lines in All About Eve.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Her Lili Von Shtupp character, in Blazing Saddles, always has me laughing, just from the name alone.

Another female favourite, I always find hilarious is Thelma Ritter, who has some absolutely killing lines in All About Eve.

Thelma Ritter stole practically every scene she was is. For a different TR, watch her in Pickup on South Street with Richard Widmark, a great film.

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thelma Ritter stole practically every scene she was is. For a different TR, watch her in Pickup on South Street with Richard Widmark, a great film.

I am a big fan of noir and I saw that not long ago and was amazed to see TR playing it entirely straight.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Well, if we're going down the Samurai Cop route...

This is "You're just a little chicken, cheep cheep cheeep cheeeeeeep" erasure

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

maybe NSFW

Haha, I loved the other South Park courtroom scene as well. I use the Chewbacca defence at least once a week.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Jaws. Hooper and Quint throughout the whole film we’re great and I could have picked numerous lines/scenes.

Slightly OT but I watched a play by Shaw’s son called “The shark is broken “ , that gives an excellent insight into exactly why the dynamic on film between the two of them was captured so 

• Like 2

a New Leaf, not that well known Walter Mathau vehicle where he plays a wealthy playboy gone broke, his club inform him that his cheque has bounced, he confronts his financial manager with this. Love this scene, quality throughout with a great punchline.

• Thanks 1

Â