Memorable Film Scenes & Acting Performances

maqroll

For some reason Mickey Rourke's desperate realization in the climactic scene in Angel Heart moved me. There's a real honesty there that he projects. Great performance throughout. 

Spoiler alert ⚠️ 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Maybe or maybe not an obvious one but this scene is one of my favourites in movie history. I haven’t really liked Christoph Waltz in other films but he was made for this role and nailed every second of it. 

Excruciating scene. Great film, I don't know why it divides opinion so much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I’ve no idea either. I think it’s just trendy to hate popular films. It’s a great film. 

• Like 1

Juliet Stephenson and Alan Rickmans performances in Truly Madly Deeply. Sadly I can't locate the scene I want. Juliet's portrayed of grief is heartbreaking but Alan Rickman in my opinion is one of the finest actors this country has ever produced. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Juliet Stephenson and Alan Rickmans performances in Truly Madly Deeply. Sadly I can't locate the scene I want. Juliet's portrayed of grief is heartbreaking but Alan Rickman in my opinion is one of the finest actors this country has ever produced. 

Alan Rickman stole literally everything he was in. Such a tragedy to lose him. I don’t usually care too much about celebrity deaths but that one made me so sad. Felt like he had so much more to give. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

you can add the fassbender scene too which i can tell you is a real thing! 

i dunno if the film gets a bit too daft at the end

• Like 1

off the top of my head whilst thinking about tarrantino i'll add di caprio smashing the glass in django and carrying on but i still think my favourite moment in a QT film is in django

"i count six shots n*****"

"i count two guns n*****"

i love that line and the way foxx delivers it

• Like 2

For a more recent shout, this scene in CODA is amazing.

For Troy Kotsur, a deaf actor, to convey the emotion he manages to convey in this scene is incredible.

This was the highlight of the movie for me

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

di caprio smashing the glass in django and carrying on

This is incredible.

The internet is awash with fake "improv" moments from movies and TV Shows but as far as I can tell this one is genuine.

11 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

There's a load of outstanding performances, but the first one I always think of (and for me the best) is David Thewlis in Naked.

Just incredible throughout.

spacer.png

Genuinely was going to post this, thinking it was too early for @Designer1to mention it 😭

Off the top of my head, I’ll offer up Choi Min-Sik in Oldboy

• Like 1

Loads in my head that I can’t recall as I type this post but a few scenes that always stick in my head:

- Rainy grey day with Brad and Mike looking out at the docks from their porch in Goonies.

- Ray and Winston driving Ecto 1 chatting shit riding over a New York bridge at dusk in Ghostbusters then a cool song kicks in. 

- Arthur literally finding his stride in life dancing down the steps in the rain with the sun shining through the clouds in Joker 

- Jaws - Brody and his lad having dinner and the son starts to copy his dad, love that scene 

- Stevie driving from home to the radio station at the lighthouse in The Fog. The scene is longer than it had to be really but it shows off the wonderful scenery. 

• Like 2

Santanico Pandemonium dancing in from duck till dawn, I'm afraid to post a pic, I have before and got my wrist slapped. Shocking that the academy overlooked Salma Hayeks performance, it was next level and the snake showed great composure too. 10/10.

• Haha 1

Oh man there's loads of these I'd love to put in here. Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds as mentioned above is absolutely titanic, has 3 or 4 scenes where he's absolutely terrifyingly good. I'll need to think 

Â