Memorable Film Scenes & Acting Performances

maqroll

34 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think Brian Dennehy is one of the best things in the film.

In the book the sheriff Teasel character is a far more sympathetic character but such sublety....

The scene which always makes me laugh everytime, is when Rambo sews up the gash in his arm.

A truly great film which always leaves me with a smile on my face.

He only wanted something to eat 

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I found some interesting material on an old VHS tape recently as well, still not sure when the transition from hair to bald actually became a thing 

Isn't it usually mid to late 30's?

If that is what is you are talking about.....

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

One of my all time favourite scenes - Paddy Considine and Gary Stretch both brilliant, and the way the balance of power shifts throughout the conversation when Sunny realises that Richard is completely unnerved and fearless.

Top notch.

Was gonna post this bit looked back an saw it.

The scene in the pub too, at the beginning. "What you looking at",

"YOU YA C***"! Then he follows him to apologise. Creepy as he'll.

Designer1 has already done the Dead Man's Shoes one as I knew he would, so here's my Meadows offerings from A Room For Romeo Brass, which I love even more than DMS. Menacing and disturbing from Considine.

(Contains swears so should probably tag NSFW if you've got the sound on)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

Designer1 has already done the Dead Man's Shoes one as I knew he would, so here's my Meadows offerings from A Room For Romeo Brass, which I love even more than DMS. Menacing and disturbing from Considine.

(Contains swears so should probably tag NSFW if you've got the sound on)

Incredible to think that was his first proper role.

43 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

One of the funniest films I've seen, and Madeline Kahn is just brilliant.

My favourite scenes are:

The one where they are eating pudding and they mistake the monster's roars for "yummy sounds".

Best line is when Madeline Kahn says to the monster, after he's refused her demand for sex, "You men are all the same; seven or eight quick ones, and you're off with the boys!".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

One of the funniest films I've seen, and Madeline Kahn is just brilliant.

My favourite scenes are:

The one where they are eating pudding and they mistake the monster's roars for "yummy sounds".

Best line is when Madeline Kahn says to the monster, after he's refused her demand for sex, "You men are all the same; seven or eight quick ones, and you're off with the boys!".

One of my all time favourite films, Madeline Kahn was in my opinion, the greatest comedy actress of them all, gone too soon.

• Like 2

Some great shouts already. +1 for Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds, incredible menacing performance.

While we’re doing This Is England scenes too…

(NSFW - swearing) TIE88 Spoilers

Spoiler

Apparently Joe Gilgun (Woody) was kept away from the rest of the cast when filming started so this was the first time he’d seen them in ages and they weren’t told they were about to film this specific scene either so when they bump into each other it is all completely improvised

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I remember as a kid my mum recorded Gone with the Wind on the old  VHS. The tape ran out on 'Frankly my dear I don't give a da....'

Yx2v7tfWk9iL.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

One of my all time favourite scenes - Paddy Considine and Gary Stretch both brilliant, and the way the balance of power shifts throughout the conversation when Sunny realises that Richard is completely unnerved and fearless.

Top notch.

Wonderful scene but the continuity error with the 2CV always annoys me. From when it stops at 30 seconds and when it shows it again at 34 seconds, its moved quite a bit even though its meant to be parked up. 

Â