Memorable Film Scenes & Acting Performances

maqroll

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I've taken to using Sophie's Choice as an example for those occasions when I have to convince relatives that, no, my wife does not and has not ever wanted children and no, she won't be "changing her mind".  Thusly: "You know Sophie's Choice?  My wife would have happily sent both kids to their death for a seat upgrade".

Anyone remember when Sophie's in Cotteridge was called Sophie's  Choice?  (For those that don't,  it was a chippy).

Edited by one_ian_taylor

So many from Scorsese but love this;

Everything about the scene is amazing. The setting, the music at the beginning...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Anyone remember when Sophie's in Cotteridge was called Sophie's  Choice?  (For those that don't,  it was a chippy).

2 x pizza, 1 garlic bread and 2 cans of pop. £9.99.

Fwiw it's worth. Sophie's Plaice was the chippy. Sophie's choice was the other side of the roundabout and was a fried food restaurant.

• Thanks 1

The interrogation scene from The Matrix. Went to watch this at the cinema with the missus when it came out, neither of us really knowing anything about it. When this scene happens it's one of those "Woooooooah, what the actual f***?!" moments.

I love the use of synthesizer in this movie, one of the first that I can recall using it as it's score. It adds menace to an already menacing movie. They banned this movie in NYC and a few other cities for fear that it would incite violence. New York was a war zone in 1979.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

Evan Rachel Wood is criminally underrated in Westworld IMO. In season 4 her shift between the different personalities that her character uses is amazing. Lots of actors would use a small head twitch or a shake to indicate the change, but ERW just swaps faces like binary code, using what she needs the discarding the trait when it is no longer needed like it was never there. 

Honourable mention to Jeffery Wright who was also on top form every moment he was on screen.

Â