Memorable Film Scenes & Acting Performances

maqroll

20 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

For me, the best scene in ofotcn is one without any dialogue from JN. 

It's when Christopher Lloyd's character winds up Hardy in the therapy session but ends up nearly setting himself on fire when a lit cigarette lands in the bottom of his pyjamas. "Play the game, play the game, play...the game." Absolutely hilarious. 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 20:41, Designer1 said:

Here's one that covers both parts of the thread title in spectacular fashion...

Tarantino, has there been a better writer of dialogue?  

This film has many great scenes, let's not forget Gandolfini and Arquette in the "coke under the bed" scene. 

• Like 1

Manchester By The Sea, when Cassey Affleck is being questioned in the police station. I consider his performance in that film to be up there with the very best, if not, the best. That's exactly how I would imagine a father to be after feeling responsible for the death of his own daughters .

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

a New Leaf, not that well known Walter Mathau vehicle where he plays a wealthy playboy gone broke, his club inform him that his cheque has bounced, he confronts his financial manager with this. Love this scene, quality throughout with a great punchline.

That was a joy to watch and will seek out the entire film. 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 19:02, Xela said:

Couple from my main man Denzel. What a superb actor.

Should have had the oscar for Malcolm X, instead they give it him for Training Day. He was good in TD, but he was on another level in Malcolm. 

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That was a joy to watch and will seek out the entire film. 

Do so, I can watch him in anything. It's a decent film, not his greatest but I like it, there's another great scene when he gets home that day and breaks the news to his man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

John Turturro, seriously underrated. 

Yup. Compare his work in his Coen Brothers roles with his work in State of Grace and Clockers. He's got great range.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I have always thought Anthony Hopkins is a sublime actor.

The way he delivers his lines/performances etc, puts so many actors to shame.

Thought he was sublime in The Father. Not so much in SOTL, in fact, I thought the whole film was overrated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Thought he was sublime in The Father. Not so much in SOTL, in fact, I thought the whole film was overrated. 

Preferred Brian Cox as Lecter tbh and I love Hopkins as an actor (Magic being my favourite of his).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Preferred Brian Cox as Lecter tbh and I love Hopkins as an actor (Magic being my favourite of his).

Now that is one for the underrated movies thread, I quite liked most of the Richard Attenborough diirected movies and he gets as good a shout for this as does Hopkins. For years I would tell people to watch this and no one ever bothered, I thought the first stage entrance of Fats was a brilliant idea and executed to perfection.

I think Anthony Hopkins best performance though, was in The Remains of the Day, a great film.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

Â