Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

For me, he's the best shot stopper in the league bar none, but has pretty ropey distribution. 

I think its probably the one position that Newcastle didnt need a significant signing in at the moment. Dubravka is a solid Premier League keeper and they just gave him a 6 year deal

• Like 2

Newcastle being annoyingly sensible. They will be a force in the coming seasons. This is such an important season for Villa. All of the ‘big 6’ apart from Man United (if they count) seem to be strengthening well. Leicester, Wolves and West Ham will likely be up there as well. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Newcastle being annoyingly sensible. They will be a force in the coming seasons. This is such an important season for Villa. All of the ‘big 6’ apart from Man United (if they count) seem to be strengthening well. Leicester, Wolves and West Ham will likely be up there as well. 

Yeah, Spurs and Arsenal really seem to mean business this window. As if they sense their vulnerability from teams trying to creep up on them and making sure the distance is still there. This league is so hard. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think its probably the one position that Newcastle didnt need a significant signing in at the moment. Dubravka is a solid Premier League keeper and they just gave him a 6 year deal

I really rate Pope but it’s always hard to tell how good a goalie really is when he has to do so much every game. They could lose 2-3 nil and he could be man of the match. 

Be interesting to see how he does. 

18 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I would put Pope on par with Emi tbh. He’s been very good for a while, surprised he was at Burnley that long.

But he looks like a big dork, that seems to be what they’re going for this summer with Targett also through the door :trollface:

Not seen enough of him tbh but I think he makes flashy incredible saves that people take notice of and remember 

First year in particular what made Emi so great has just his handling in general, coming for crosses and catching, makes a huge difference the whole "command of his area" stuff it's real with Emi, not a clue what pope is like for that

Good keeper and a good signing (not seen a number) but I would say flashier shot stopper than Emi rather than as good as him 

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really rate Pope but it’s always hard to tell how good a goalie really is when he has to do so much every game. They could lose 2-3 nil and he could be man of the match. 

Be interesting to see how he does. 

Good shot stopper but shit with the ball at his feet

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

65 mill Leeds want for Raphinha. For me thats crazy money.  45 mill max. 

Without him Leeds probably would have went down last season so its his value to Leeds. I dont think he is worth it but if a team is stupid enough to pay it then the own fault

Premier League clubs have more money than brains

This is the state of the premier league now with the money flowing into it. Unless you are selling a player you don't really want anymore its stupid money. This is a result as well of our Grealish sale. 

Â