Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What capacity was James Vaughan actually at Burnley? One of those overaged players for their under 23 side (same as Paul McShane at Man. United) to give them a coaching leg up). Pretty sure he was last at Bury when they went bust so Burnley didn't sign him to actually play that's for sure.

Someone like Ryan Fredricks would be a decent pick up for Forest if they don't get Spence, average but has good top level experience now.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Surely that's not the James Vaughan?  Pretty sure he was playing for Tranmere aged 35 or something - would make zero sense for him to have had a short term contract at Burnley.

Pretty sure its not the same James Vaughan, his record in his last season at Tranmere was good but announced his retirement last season 

Think he is still the youngest Premier League goalscorer ever

It's Ethen Vaughan, middle name James, twenty year old right-back from their U23s.

James Vaughan the former Everton ace has retired as a player, he's now Sporting Director at Trammere Rovers.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Where is Saiss going? He seemed pretty decent on the occasions I watched them.

Barca were linked a few weeks back.

He probably wouldn't be worst pick up for us tbh for a season or two if Hause left given he can play CB no issue and has also filled in at LB and DM for them over the years.

Pretty sure Moutinho also going as he wants two year deal and feels inevitable that Neves will leave at some stage so the Wolves 2018 promotion party team has pretty much broken up now bar the long serving CBs.

Think they'll be the surprise team battling relegation next year given the way they ended this season. We certainly shouldn't be finishing below them as we'd be nowhere near europe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why is it? You see people suggesting we do exactly the same with Archer.

Because the risk of buying the player still sits with the buying club, which is fair enough. But if the player turns out to be good enough for Man City, they will probably be able to get him back for less than he's worth.

Take Luiz for example. If he was good enough for City he would have been a £50m player easily, but they had a buy back clause of £25m, only £10m more than we paid for him. Would have made it a glorified loan where everything is stacked in their favour.

Now, if the option is just first refusal that's fine, but only if it's for the player's actual value.

Edited by jacketspuds

On 08/06/2022 at 18:39, Zatman said:

The wages for the four players are huge they lost. Willian and Auba were on about 300k a week each, Lacazette probably not far behind and Kolasinac was a Bosman so probably on a big salary

Guendouzi is rumoured to be 30million for somebody, plus him and Saliba are not in Arteta good books it seems. Torreira is wanted by some clubs, Leno they could get 8 million or so for, another on a huge contract for his talent

Marseille only paying 10/11 mill euros for Guendouzi. Source Romano. No way they getting 70 mill for that lot. 

Have to say I dont really buy the Nunez hype yet

Something about free scoring for one season in the Portuguese league that doesn't impress me

He got 6 league goals the previous season 

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

100 Million euros. But Liverpool don't spend money?

i thought it was reported as 64m plus 21 in add ons?

Yes expensive, but if they get 30-40m for Mane, then some other Liverpool special deals, like getting someone (hopefully not us) to spend tens of millions on Chamberlain, Phillips, Minamino etc etc, then that 64+21m doesnt impact the books too much.....

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i thought it was reported as 64m plus 21 in add ons?

Yes expensive, but if they get 30-40m for Mane, then some other Liverpool special deals, like getting someone (hopefully not us) to spend tens of millions on Chamberlain, Phillips, Minamino etc etc, then that 64+21m doesnt impact the books too much.....

The Mane money covers Diaz, I think he was 40 mill plus add ons.

They've got the money, they'll have just got circa £80m-100m in CL prize money alone 

Its more that Liverpool wheel out the nonsense that they can't compete with Man City because City spend money that Liverpool can't when in reality Liverpool spend a lot of money 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seen it reported as done for 75m€

Will be a good battle between him and Haaland 

Haaland is a year younger and has nearly 100 more career goals

Recent top scorers in Portugal include Carlos Vinicius think he got 1 Premier League goal for Spurs, Pedro Goncalves who didnt play for Wolves and Seferovic who struggled in a few major leagues.

Not sure why people are assuming this is a surefire hit, he might be but I would be worried on such a limited track record for such a huge fee

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Haaland is a year younger and has nearly 100 more career goals

Recent top scorers in Portugal include Carlos Vinicius think he got 1 Premier League goal for Spurs, Pedro Goncalves who didnt play for Wolves and Seferovic who struggled in a few major leagues.

Not sure why people are assuming this is a surefire hit, he might be but I would be worried on such a limited track record for such a huge fee

Was going to say the overall attack Liverpool have will see him through but salah will cost him at least 10 goals by not passing to him... 

The battle of the guy who won't get passed to for a 5 yard tap in vs the guy who when he has a 5 yard tap in will be expected to pass it back to cancelo

9 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Arsenal bought that Marquinhos (not the psg guy) even though he apparently had signed a contract with Wolves already.

Wonder if there's any fall out from this. 

Wolves fans on my Facebook last night were saying yes, the club have sought legal advice 

I hope he's a world beater **** the dingles 

Â