Pre-Season Friendlies & (AUS Tour)

Kingman

Hearing as part of our preseason friendlies we will play Manchester United twice in Australia -  Melbourne and in Perth. Games scheduled for mid July. Will be announced this week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kingman said:

Hearing as part of our preseason friendlies we will play Manchester United twice in Australia -  Melbourne and in Perth. Games scheduled for mid July. Will be announced this week. 

They'll fill the grounds, too. I was in Aus in 2013 when Liverpool toured there, and they sold out the MCG 90,000 for a friendly!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kingman said:

Are you hearing this on the quiet? 

• Haha 3

On 31/03/2022 at 04:02, jacksonho said:

Been announced as Man Utd and Palace. No luck here.

There is still a gap in the fixture list as Celtic were going to play Rangers in Australia but Rangers have pulled out.  You never know!  I think we will end up in America though personally.

18 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

There is still a gap in the fixture list as Celtic were going to play Rangers in Australia but Rangers have pulled out.  You never know!  I think we will end up in America though personally.

That game was scheduled for November 

• Thanks 1

Well,not only does that brass me off but it also shows that Villa are thinking just like all the other clubs in the PL ( except for ManUre )

Ever wondered why ManUre have such a large fan base,with supporters from all around the world ?

The reason is that ManUre tour different countries around the world "on a regular basis",so they have been watched "live"just about everywhere in the world (not just in the USA ) I have personally been to watch about 8 ManUre games ( they reguarly tour Asia and the Pacific ) every so often.The first time I watched them live,on tour was in 1968 with the team including Best,Law,Stephney,Stiles,Charlton etc.So, from 1968 till now I have seen ManUre 8 times and Aston Villa zero.No wonder United are popular all over the world. 

10 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,not only does that brass me off but it also shows that Villa are thinking just like all the other clubs in the PL ( except for ManUre )

Ever wondered why ManUre have such a large fan base,with supporters from all around the world ?

The reason is that ManUre tour different countries around the world "on a regular basis",so they have been watched "live"just about everywhere in the world (not just in the USA ) I have personally been to watch about 8 ManUre games ( they reguarly tour Asia and the Pacific ) every so often.The first time I watched them live,on tour was in 1968 with the team including Best,Law,Stephney,Stiles,Charlton etc.So, from 1968 till now I have seen ManUre 8 times and Aston Villa zero.No wonder United are popular all over the world. 

They also made us endure the SAF era whereby they established themselves as the best team in the best league worldwide just as TV deals were offering world conquest rates and exposure. The amount of support that ensued and furthered Uniteds revenue and standing was unequalled.

Could be getting my wires crossed but that is my understanding from last I checked which was some time ago.

Edited by A'Villan