The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

29 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Fuel duty is rising by 23% in March next year putting 12p onto a litre of petrol/diesel. 

I'd guess that if current prices continue, that this will not happen. They'll be earning more on from VAT on the inflated fuel prices 

41 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Fuel duty is rising by 23% in March next year putting 12p onto a litre of petrol/diesel. 

Was that announced in today's budget?   or is that just the standard fuel multiplier that they end up scrapping every year?

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Was that announced in today's budget?   or is that just the standard fuel multiplier that they end up scrapping every year?

It wasn't announced today. Tory MPs were already opposing it yesterday but the OBR factored it in to their assessment so that's where it has come from.

I'm assuming it's re-adding the 5p that Sunak cut in March and adding the amount it was due to go up anyway (but never does)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Genie said:

£1.25 seems to be the new price point for stuff that used to be £1.

I noticed 6 packs of Walkers crisps that used to be on offer at £1 are now £1.25. Same for the Cadbury chocolate bars, 25% increase.

Our local pound shop has become the pound twenty five shop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I noticed 6 packs of Walkers crisps that used to be on offer at £1 are now £1.25. Same for the Cadbury chocolate bars, 25% increase.

2l bottles of Pepsi were generally £1 even just a couple of years ago.

Early last year you could occasionally find them at 2 for £2.  You won't find them anywhere for less than £1.75 each now.  Usually £2-£2.20 each

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

2l bottles of Pepsi were generally £1 even just a couple of years ago.

Early last year you could occasionally find them at 2 for £2.  You won't find them anywhere for less than £1.75 each now.  Usually £2-£2.20 each

My wife is hooked on Pepsi Max and agree with you completely. You’re doing well if you find a bottle for £1.79

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

My wife is hooked on Pepsi Max and agree with you completely. You’re doing well if you find a bottle for £1.79

My wife was hooked on Pepsi as well,then she tried Qcola and now she is hooked on that instead.One bottle of Qcola cost $1,so that is a very big saving.If you can get Qcola in England,try that.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

My wife was hooked on Pepsi as well,then she tried Qcola and now she is hooked on that instead.One bottle of Qcola cost $1,so that is a very big saving.If you can get Qcola in England,try that.

Cheers, don’t think i’ve ever seen it here though

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

Been avoiding the shrinkflated products, particularly drinks. They can stick their 1.75 litre litre bottles and 1.7 litre cartons.

We got a bottle of Ribena squash the other day from Asda as a substitute. The bottle is not far off being as tall as a 2L bottle but it’s only 850ml the robbing bastards.

squash-small-ribena-blackcurrant.png

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

We got a bottle of Ribena squash the other day from Asda as a substitute. The bottle is not far off being as tall as a 2L bottle but it’s only 850ml the robbing bastards.

squash-small-ribena-blackcurrant.png

If I had to choose a bottle to pop up my arse, it'd be that one.

EDIT: I've changed my mind, I just saw that it's the size of a 2L bottle. I'll go for a fruit shoot.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

ZX cola from Aldi, £1.26 for six cans, basically a Pepsi Max rip off but surprisingly nice. Also Tropical Blast (Lilt) same price as is Orange Zero 

Professor Peppy  (work that one out ) 48p for two ltrs 

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

ZX cola from Aldi, £1.26 for six cans, basically a Pepsi Max rip off but surprisingly nice. Also Tropical Blast (Lilt) same price as is Orange Zero 

Professor Peppy  (work that one out ) 48p for two ltrs 

She’s tried the supermarket brand versions of Pepsi Max and they don’t pass her high standards unfortunately. 

If the cost of living go up much more then she’s gonna have to make some tough choices.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

She’s tried the supermarket brand versions of Pepsi Max and they don’t pass her high standards unfortunately. 

If the cost of living go up much more then she’s gonna have to make some tough choices.

when it is ice cold can not tell the difference, trick her with a taste test 

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

when it is ice cold can not tell the difference, trick her with a taste test 

The other day she ditched a bottle of Pepsi Max because it tasted funny… chance of me tricking her with another brand is zero

Supermarket own brand stuff is shite. 

It might be OK if you'd never tried the real thing. 

The one caveat is lemonade. Supermarket stuff is acceptable compared to R Whites. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Go aldi get aeros for half the price but called bubbly

Fanta called jive

😃

Â