On 14/02/2022 at 03:43, TheMightyVillans said:

Martinez

Cash            Hause              Mings           Digne

Chambers

Sanson                 Ramsey

Buendia                               Countinho

Ings

Watkins and McGinn must be dropped

Decent side that. That is what I would like to see.

Change things around and register a kick up the backsides at the same time..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grobs said:

Think we will comfortably win this 

Early goal and we will.

One of those types though that longer it goes 0-0 home crowd will get frustrated for first time under Gerrard.

Just think it's a case of giving Coutinho enough ball and he'll make the difference against this opposition. Didn't really happen v Newcastle.

On 14/02/2022 at 09:43, VillaFaninLondon said:

Anything other than a comfortable win for us and I hope there are very loud boos at full time. Gerrard has to know results and performances are not up to scratch.

We are a miles better team than Watford on paper.

I think SG is acutely aware of whats wrong.

How to put it right, might take a bit longer.

8 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

There are serious problems and Villa are below Norwich in the form-table; a team which was considered favourites for relegation only a short while ago.

If we get 1 point out of Leeds, Newcastle and Watford and add in the loss to Watford at the start of the season and the loss to Brentford we've had a disaster of a season to be honest.

We have the players, we have the facilities and by all accounts we have the right manager but the results still seem to be way off. I'm running out of places to point the finger.

People demand changes to the team and Gerrard has said so too. Expect some players in positions they’re not used to.

Could still be ok because after all it’s Watford, the worst team in the league. One worry though is Sarr will definitely start and he’s good enough to cause problems. Expect him to be trouble for Villa’s left side, with Digne high up the pitch as usual Ramsey and Mings will have to be careful. Along with Sanson if he’s supposed to be the defensive shield.

Ashley Young could very well come into the team again. People tend to forget about him and then be reminded that he can sometimes be pretty good. He hasn’t been involved in the last couple of disasters either and I could see Gerrard leaning on him in a turbulent time.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

If we can't beat this rabble by 2 or 3 then Gerrard should go back to the artic circle where he came from. 

It is to be hoped that if Gerrard can turn Rangers around, then he can do something for Villa, but obviously Villa's history of flattering to decieve has gone on for decades.

History and recent evidence are not in his favour.

39 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

People demand changes to the team and Gerrard has said so too. Expect some players in positions they’re not used to.

I doubt there will be many changes because we don't really have anyone on the bench. We might see Watkins dropped finally and Chambers will be replaced by Konsa. Slim chance Chuck starts. That's all. 

48 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It is to be hoped that if Gerrard can turn Rangers around, then he can do something for Villa, but obviously Villa's history of flattering to decieve has gone on for decades.

History and recent evidence are not in his favour.

It has and it centres around buying the same kind of players and ignoring other kind of players, talking in general of course.

SG needs time to balance this squad, once and for all.