Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Literally did nothing. Can't even take a free kick without ballooning it deep.

Utter utter shite. Helping these pricks stay up will make me furious

Don't forget the tribute to Ashley Westwood floaty corners!

We scored against Everton as the corner was fizzzed in.

I have literally no idea, the justification for playing Watkins considering his current form, the way the ball bounces off him back to the opposition, its like they have an extra man defending for them, so its like 10 vs 12.

McGinn cant play a composed passing style, he's seriously a panicked chicken head on the ball.

Cash is disastrous when he goes beyond the half way line.

Luiz is rubbish, i dont care what anyone says, hes not athletic, he's not quick, he dallies on the ball and does very little, he isnt aggressive or helps defensively much, such an overrated player imo.

How we can have Coutinho & Buendia up front, and we just lump balls to them, is beyond me, its literally the most stupid, idiotic, brainless thing to do, and we do it time and again, its shocking to watch.

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Long time lurker but new to the site.

I hope you guys are well, despite that horrid half.

We seem to be having the same issues mentally. We have been so poor this half and dare I say apart from the scoreline this is the worst I’ve seen us play since Arsenal this season. 

Luiz seems checked out for me he’s been so poor at protecting the back line and at times still thinks he has loads of time on the ball. 

Mcginn has been poor also he’s been hitting aimless passes that set up their attack. He looks pissed as well and due to his card I’d look at swapping him for Sanson, who would be better suited for this fixture anyway. 

Watkins well he’s been poor for a while now.

I think Gerrard has to make tweaks to this formation, we need more out of our midfield and this formation doesn’t really help. 

Here’s to a better half of football and hopefully we can pull a result.

you’re definitely new here: you speak so much sense. 

Welcome!  

• Haha 2