Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Beastmix said:

The post on the Villa official Twitter is a double one with Watkins and his Cazoo logo is lower down too.

I hope this is actually how they look because I'm not big on it being all bunched up top.

There’s nothing wrong with being, “all bunched up top.”

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roitorb said:

Do they have a website as I’ve never heard of them. That has to be the best sleeve sponsor in the league though!

I was just going to ask if someone could help an old fart with, What? Who? are B6 Project?

Slightly off topic but no Dougie in any of the pics today and most notably no Alisha Lehmann? With an instagram following of over 7 million, it would have been great opportunity to promote the new kit with her especially.

Could mean nothing but could mean neither are going to start the season with us? 

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Slightly off topic but no Dougie in any of the pics today and most notably no Alisha Lehmann? With an instagram following of over 7 million, it would have been great opportunity to promote the new kit with her especially.

Could mean nothing but could mean neither are going to start the season with us? 

They’re both still on holiday together in Brazil I believe…

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I was just going to ask if someone could help an old fart with, What? Who? are B6 Project?

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I thought it was just me… what’s Project B6?

image.thumb.jpeg.127f54366cc9c856c1f8137bfcc0cf7b.jpeg

Someone trying to fake their sponsorship with Villa, to sell their images, be it for charity or not.. taking that they are lying about the sponsorship, I’m guessing the charity is bogus too

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

They’re both still on holiday together in Brazil I believe…

No, Dougie is back.

He has been seen in photos welcoming Diego Carlos and in training.

Presumably Alisha is back too as they are inseparable. Which leads me to think it would seem unlikely one of them would leave the Villa as they are both so close.

I think Dougie is staying.

• Thanks 1

Standard for sponsors is to have the company name only, Standard Chartered, Yokohama, Cazoo etc last year.

But this, to have their bloody tagline under the company name, makes the whole shirt into an ad. Awful. Hope at least Villa got paid this time.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Someone trying to fake their sponsorship with Villa, to sell there images, be it for charity or not.. taking that they are lying about the sponsorship, I’m guessing the charity is bogus too

Now I’m even more confused… 🧐 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The most impressive thing about the kit is this:

"Subtle chevrons within the fabric represent the impressive honours won throughout the club’s prestigious history."

I don't know about you guys, but I can't think of anything more suitable for representing the club's achievements than some chevrons. They instantly evoke memories of 1982 and the double winning season of 1896/7. Any time I see a chevron, I immediately think of Villa's trophies - driving down the motorway today there were many chevrons on the tarmac that were supposed to indicate how far apart the cars should be, but let's be honest, the drivers all knew what they *really* represented.

I’m now fully expecting SHA to have subtle road closed signs introduced into the fabric of their new crap shirts next season. 

4 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Standard for sponsors is to have the company name only, Standard Chartered, Yokohama, Cazoo etc last year.

But this, to have their bloody tagline under the company name, makes the whole shirt into an ad. Awful. Hope at least Villa got paid this time.

Agreed. I wasn't buying their £65 ad anyway, but this is a step way too **** far.

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd be surprised if we had any power to veto it. The tagline addition will be purely based on what they need in terms of brand recognition in each area.

In terms of Wales rugby, I can't speak to the regulations in that sport.

Surely we haven't given them carte blanche to put whatever the **** they deem appropriate on our shirt?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Did they really have to put 'Search. Drive. Smile.' on it?

I'm a bit confused about that as well. I mean is the idea that you search online for where sells it, you drive there and then you buy the banana flavoured milkshake and then you drink it and smile. Seems an odd choice. They sell it most places. Should be "Buy. Drink. Smile". No searching or driving required.

6 hours ago, Giro said:

Apart from the weird esq “live laugh love” wording on the front I really like it 

First time we've had a branding slogan, I believe. Hopefully the last time. It is awful. I can't wear a shirt with tacky slogans.