Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Southampton get the occassional thrasing because of how their manager sets them up, it leaves their central defenders exposed, Salisu's form according to Southampton fans has also taken a turn for the worse for the same reason.

Also saw this on twitter

'Southampton failed to win in any of the 8 games Bednarek did not start last season. They conceded 2.28 goals per game without him compared to the 1.67 goals per game with him'

So maybe he isn't as bad as Southampton fans make out... I've looked on their forum and not all of them think he's that bad anyway, many accept that he's decent enough, but as above exposed by the system they play, that's not to say he's amazing or anything, but also not as bad as some seem to presume.

Edited by useless

Bednarek reminds me of when we signed Zat Knight.

He probably won't be as bad as people assume but neither will be he good enough for trying to keep clean sheets v some of the top half teams if he plays v them.

Obviously we had to get someone in to cover Carlos injury so just have to accept this one.

Personally I'd just give Chambers-Mings a sustained run now. The stats with those two was solid in the games they started last season.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just checked and they bough Vertergaard and Bertrand the summer after they put 9 past Saints and they both started the game for Saints. On a side note, Bednarek also started for Saints in the 9-0 loss

Vestergaard was meant to be highly rated as well.

I gues some reason Southampton haven't progressed any further is that when they were doing well their players would get picked off every season.

They've been tough with JWP though.

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

You can see him in action here, playing alongside Mane etc. on his national squad last year. He's fast, that's for sure, and my sense is that he's really good at reading the game rapidly and responding. I love his little kick forward move at 2:34 on this. It's all just a snapshot, but he would bring pace, brains, and height as a defender:

I like his age (26) and pedigree. Dortmund and PSG for 30m suggests there is something good about the lad and 8m seems like small change in today's market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Bednarek bloody Bednarek! 

Bednarek is like getting socks  for Christmas. Why cant we just get something nice and thoughtful for once? 

We got Carlos but we broke him so now we have to just accept the socks ☹️

3 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Newcastle have signed Alexander Isak for £54million. Really good signing. 

I don't know much about him but 6 goals and 2 assists last season doesn't exactly say really good signing for a striker and doesn't suggest a 54m fee but age is on his side so he could come good

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We got Carlos but we broke him so now we have to just accept the socks ☹️

Why cant it be a decent pair of socks like Egyptian Cotton for a change? 

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't know much about him but 6 goals and 2 assists last season doesn't exactly say really good signing for a striker and doesn't suggest a 54m fee but age is on his side so he could come good

The next Sebastian Haller.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We don’t need an improvement on Hause. We need an improvement on konsa and chambers. Bednarak ain’t it 

We are f***ed if Mings gets injured or suspended…. Such a shame that Carlos got injured but we need a high quality CB in now really…

Funny how events and opinions can change so easily and quickly… maybe even that of the manager…

Mings is such a vital player for us now.

Chambers seems to be seen as 3rd choice, probably end up as 4th. Despite “not putting a foot wrong” or “not letting anyone down” 🤣 - that’s his label now.

Would be nice if Konsa could recover some form but we’ve always looked crap and hopeless in defence without Ty…

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Curious how people are more convinced that Bednarak is happening, but rarely discussing Diallo in comparison. Funny that. 

And if we just bought Isak for 54m this place would be in meltdown with the stupidity of it

• Like 1