Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

West ham not getting Bednerak means they are not selling Dawson to Wolves. if Wolves don't get defensive cover (Boly and Coady have left) will they look to keep Dendonker? It maybe we're not after both but have progressed two deals just to give ourselves a chance of landing one.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Luiz goes without a replacement I'm expecting Gerrard to walk into Purslow's office tomorrow and lay a massive cable on his desk.

**** our squad up and then quits. Best way to get one back on the fans.

We have signed Dendoncker who is a replacement for Luiz. Kamara moving to 8 so we've a better midfield balance

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

West ham not getting Bednerak means they are not selling Dawson to Wolves. if Wolves don't get defensive cover (Boly and Coady have left) will they look to keep Dendonker? It maybe we're not after both but have progressed two deals just to give ourselves a chance of landing one.

They fill different roles. Dendoncker can play CB in a pinch, but you'd not want to rely on him there. If Wolves have let him go it's got no bearing on how they feel about their defence.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have signed Dendoncker who is a replacement for Luiz. Kamara moving to 8 so we've a better midfield balance

It would also allow us to play with a double pivot but that would mean dropping one or both of JJ and McGinn out of the team which Gerrard won't do. The next manager might though...

Edited by RichiBoi11

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Crying out for a quality number 6 for years. Bring in one of the best young prospects in Europe and decide to shift him to an 8 role.

Only we could be that **** stupid.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Its disgusting actually feel sick looking at the business and the level we are operating on right now in the market… bloody Bednarek and dendocker crying real tears right now is that really the best we can get… might get gallagher if were lucky happy days 🫤 I couldn’t cope with luiz going and us just bringing in those two id lose my s**t 

Honestly, **** football. Nothing wrong with football itself, which is a beautiful thing, but it's now a corporate, corruption-ridden sport funded by the worst scum on the earth, and that isn't worth anyone's tears. 

I used to enjoy going to a game every weekend (when I could afford it) and having a kick about in the park, but there's too much baggage now (for plenty of reasons besides Villa being their usual level of crap).

Look after yourself, mate.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Kamara is not an 8!

Apparently he can play as a 6 and an 8 to be fair.

Has passing range, is defensively good.

Not saying I want him to play there, just saying.

If it allows him to do more advanced defending and distribution, it might not be so bad.

More than likely a double pivot though.

So, two 6s

35 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Say No! Easy!

Gerrard hopefully goes in the next week and the new manager can bond with Dougie.  

If we let him go now and sack Gerrard in the next week that bad for the new manager.

Also we can’t get a new player in to replace him this late in the day probably

Just say no!

Didn't with Gresford, won't with Doug

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Its disgusting actually feel sick looking at the business and the level we are operating on right now in the market… bloody Bednarek and dendocker crying real tears right now is that really the best we can get… might get gallagher if were lucky happy days 🫤 I couldn’t cope with luiz going and us just bringing in those two id lose my s**t 

Imagine it

On June 2nd we announce the signing of Carlos not long after signing Kamara.  Villa fans are delighted with the start of the early business especially after being told we’d have a busy summer.

————

Can you imagine telling all the Villa fans then that the only business we’d do for the next three months during the summer transfer window is a few fringe players in and out.  

Then on transfer deadline day you are signing Bednarek and Dendoncker, and Luiz is strongly linked with Arsenal. Carlos is out for around six months and we’ve lost 4 of the first 5 games.

Villa fans would be either calling people bedwetting for thinking that and that’ll never happen or fuming.  

Yet here we are!!! Embarrassing!!!

Yet some fans think we are having a decent day….it’s comical!

• Like 1

Dendoncker was brilliant for Wolves under Nuno.  Not writing the player off because I don't think anyone will be a success in Gerrards awful narrow setup.  Could be useful when we finally axe Gerrard in a few weeks.  

Not happy about losing Dougie...  He's a good player who wasn't anywhere near as bad as some made him out to be.  He'll go on to be a regular for Arsenal and with thrive in Arteta's set up.  I wish him luck.  At least we made ~10 million pounds profit on him.  First player we sold on for a profit since Westwood.  

Just now, HKP90 said:

Didn't with Gresford, won't with Doug

Then we are idiots.  Shay Given just said, why would Villa let him go.  He put it very articulate to shut down the presenter on Sky Sports.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Then we are idiots.  Shay Given just said, why would Villa let him go.  He put it very articulate to shut down the presenter on Sky Sports.

Again, we should have told city to do one with Grealish. Might have worked out better for all involved.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently he can play as a 6 and an 8 to be fair.

Has passing range, is defensively good.

Not saying I want him to play there, just saying.

If it allows him to do more advanced defending and distribution, it might not be so bad.

More than likely a double pivot though.

So, two 6s

Purely according to Gerrard. He’s played mainly DM and CB his entire career. I wouldn’t be surprised if he played him as an 8 now though, nothing would surprise me