Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

24 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'm not particularly a fan of dendonker, but his aggression, workrate, and bite in the tackle is something we lack. Him alongside either Kamara or Luiz would be complimentary. But the midfield would need a passer that's also a goalscorer. 

My preferred 3 would still be Kamara, Luiz, and Ramsey. However Dendonker and McGinn to come in would be decent.

BBC are saying we are refusing to sell. Luiz. I bloody hope so as him and Kamara together has shown a bit of potential. 

Dendonker is a nasty, hard, bastard of a player, which we lack. Not disappointed by him at all. Underwhelmed for sure, not the class of player I was hoping for, but a solid combative option, which will help us.

Hoping we revive the Sarr deal, Moura is too old and inconsistent.

He literally turned 30 a couple of weeks ago 🤣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I get the feeling we are going to let Luiz go for good money thinking nee are going to get Gallagher but we end up missing out. So Dendonker ends up looking like a replacement. 

i saw a link to gallagher again today. i suspect if we can get him as a replacement then we'll let luiz go

i'd be ok with that

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i saw a link to gallagher again today. i suspect if we can get him as a replacement then we'll let luiz go

i'd be ok with that

Certainly wouldn't mind Gallagher but it would mean less variation. Gallagher isn't a technical passer like Luiz, more similar to McGinn and Ramsey.

I've never heard of Gerson so don't know anything about him, but transfermarkt has him down as an attacking midfielder, nine goals and seven assists last season, so if that's anything to go by I doubt he would be an alternative Dendoncker, perhaps more of an alternative to Gallagher if it's true that we want him.

1 minute ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

Gallagher is similar to McGinn but with a better attitude and a much better work rate. 

I'd be happy if we were to replace the latter with the former. 

Him + Dedoncker would do wonders for our general mentality which is so poor currently.  

See how he would like playing as an auxilliary right back like McGinn has been expected to though.

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Question for everyone. Who was the last player we signed who was or is better than all our other players?

This is the thing, we've stagnated.

Likes of Newcastle, west ham, Palace overtaking us.

Kamara

• Like 2