Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Alongside Kamara he strengthens the midfield.

He will allow our Centre backs the protection they need and ,maybe then they can perform a little better too.

Alone he might not be a great player but he would slot into an unfilled hole for me (Owweerrr did i say that out loud :))

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Laughing to the bank

If it was us he would be on loan to a Turkish side and sold for nothing.

Edited by calcifer
Spelling

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Dendonker better / more suited to our needs and PL than Sanson / Nakamba etc?

We might need to look at it this way too.

Sometimes it's more about the suitability and attributes than " flash" or names 

Poor PL player replaces a rather untested player at PL whose unfavoured by two managers.  Not really excited! Not suitable either and neither are flash names. Just meh all round.  

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

You can see why nobody wants to sign for our club. We have the most tragic set of fans. Might be an idea to get behind any new signings rather than berate them before they’ve even put the shirt on 

What a load of nonsense.

Carlos, Kamara and Coutinho show the club can get quality players over the line. If a few pessimistic comments on VT/Twitter turn off any squad-filler mediocre players we’re linked to I don’t think they’re cut out for the profession.

If anything has changed since the season’s began I’d suggest it was much more likely it was due to what’s going on on the pitch than the VT massive…

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

its about balance, as i said in the Dendonker thread:

I dont get the hate.

He isnt a "top" signing, but he may be the kind of player that the TEAM needs.

27 years old, physical, 6ft 2, able to offer some bite, height and physicality in to the team.

29 caps for a very, very good Belgium side, reasonable-ish fee.

He might not be a "top level signing", but he also might be what the TEAM needs.

We have a problem of too many individuals, or too many similar players, we need balance, and for me he would offer some balance in the midfield.

we need to think of the "team as a whole", the team needs a balance that we currently dont have imo.

I agree, Dendoker is a signing that I suspect most of VT would have loved 2 years ago, maybe some 'Delusions of Grandeur' now it is 2022

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

its about balance, as i said in the Dendonker thread:

I dont get the hate.

He isnt a "top" signing, but he may be the kind of player that the TEAM needs.

27 years old, physical, 6ft 2, able to offer some bite, height and physicality in to the team.

29 caps for a very, very good Belgium side, reasonable-ish fee.

He might not be a "top level signing", but he also might be what the TEAM needs.

We have a problem of too many individuals, or too many similar players, we need balance, and for me he would offer some balance in the midfield.

we need to think of the "team as a whole", the team needs a balance that we currently dont have imo.

I'm  not opposed to the signing  - better to give someone a chance before passing judgement, but not convinced it's  the right  player to provide balance in midfield unless there's  a change of approach or formation 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Arsenal looking at Luiz for 20 mill, but won't be enough for us, although we have already said he is not for sale. I wouldn't want him to leave as I am a fan, although I don't think he is a consistent enough player for us to worry to much. Dendonker will fill his void quite easily.

He's not been consistent for us because he's hardly been played consistently in his preferred position, even under Smith. He was put at the 6 position mostly as, staggeringly, both Smith and Gerrard couldn't see that we were crying out for a proper balanced midfield.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree, Dendoker is a signing that I suspect most of VT would have loved 2 years ago, maybe some 'Delusions of Grandeur' now it is 2022

No, he’s just gone poor and even back then it was only because we had just been promoted and still would’ve thought meh.  Some fans are trying to make a diamond out of this rough rock.  Can’t change what he is which is not even the player of a couple of years ago.

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Died 11th October 2018. say what you like but the old goat wouldn't put up with this shit.

He usually caused it.

The supporters had to put up with the shit Dougie caused.

If you mean he would have pulled the trigger before now, then yes, that was the one thing that he was good at.

14 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Alongside Kamara he strengthens the midfield.

He will allow our Centre backs the protection they need and ,maybe then they can perform a little better too.

Alone he might not be a great player but he would slot into an unfilled hole for me (Owweerrr did i say that out loud :))

Yep, sometimes the least inspiring signings end up being the most important cog in the machine. The defence looks a shambles at the moment, but how much of that is down to the weak midfield area allowing opposing teams a free run at our back line. Yes Gerrard's tactics don't help, but this has been an issue for a few seasons since we came up and pre-dates Gerrard's reign.