Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

I would imagine the owners are highly reluctant to sign off on big money signings for a manager who's on extremely thin ice.

Our signings shouldn't be dependent on a manager anyway. He can be involved in the decision process but the decision shouldn't be his. We should have a strategy as a club and no one manager should make that waver. We already messed up there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry, but 2015/16 when Poch started to make an impact (they finished 3rd) his regular side included:

Bentaleb (21)

Alli (20)

Dier (22)

Eriksen (24)

Winks (20)

Son (23)

Kane (21)

He's pretty good with young players. I didn't say promotion, I said integration and inclusion of youth and trusting them in the starting 11. Which he is very very good at. 

Bentalab played 30 games before leaving. Eriksen and Son signed for big fees at the time. Dier was already playing for Sporting before joining. Alli was wanted by everyone.

Kanes breakout season was actually under Poch to be fair.

I supposed the bigger thing, do we have comparable talents. Do we think Bailey has the potential to be as good as Son? We don’t have an Eriksen? Ramsey to be as good as that version of Alli? 

Talking about Poch and signings is pretty irrelevant for me as he isn’t coming. But comparing this villa to that spurs may also be irrelevant as our young signings are just not on par.

Just now, Nicho said:

Bentalab played 30 games before leaving. Eriksen and Son signed for big fees at the time. Dier was already playing for Sporting before joining. Alli was wanted by everyone.

I supposed the bigger thing, do we have comparable talents. Do we think Bailey has the potential to be as good as Son? We don’t have an Eriksen? Ramsey to be as good as that version of Alli? 

Talking about Poch and signings is pretty irrelevant for me as he isn’t coming. But comparing this villa to that spurs may also be irrelevant as our young signings are just not on par.

Yeah, to be fair the point I was making is that he is happy to give major responsibility to young players, improve them and make winners out of them (or at least top 4 achievers). 

Our manager seems shit scared to give our youngsters more than 3 minutes at a time (other than Ramsey who was established under Smith and Kamara who has the experience of someone 5 or 6 years older). 

I think we have near comparable talents, and I would be excited to see what Poch could do with both Ramseys, Tim, Bailey, Buendia, KKH, Archer, Kamara and Douglas Luiz amongst others. We have high quality youngsters which are being horribly utilized at present. 

4 minutes ago, Nicho said:

What are you arguing, that he didn't bring through academy players? Winks and Kane are 2 right there. To the broader point, he very clearly put an emphasis on playing younger players during his time at Spurs. They had the youngest average squad age during his time there.

Also Eriksen cost Spurs £13m, and Son was about £25m. Hardly big fees for a top 6 club.

Bailey at Leverkusen was better than Son at Hamburg imo. And we do have a 2015 Eriksen, his name is Emi Buendia? Or Coutinho if you want. These players are at a similar level to when Poch first started working with the ones at Spurs, it was his coaching that got the most out of them. No reason he can't do the same here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicho said:

It just suggests to me that Poch backs himself to get the best out of all the resources he has available, be it youth, new signings, whatever.  The year he was given no money and even no stadium when it was promised he knuckled down and used the fringe players like Moura more because he had to.  A massive contrast to Gerrard who last season just said I need new players who know how to win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been busy, but just seen some Twatter waffle that we are in for a " Pleasant surprise " etc

Blocked that person with the quickness. We've thankfully been spared these attention seekers for most of the window.

• Like 1

Another 30 year old player on undoubtable big wages with little re-sell value in a few years.

Quality player at times, but not in a hard-working Tottenham side for a reason.

At least the transfer strategy is consistent. Depressing - but consistent.

• Like 1