Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

52 minutes ago, allani said:

I don't think we do need a top class box to box player.  We want someone who is a mix of Kamara and Luiz.  That type of player would work equally well in a 4-3-3 as in a 4-2-3-1.

51 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This

I'd argue Kamara is already a mix of Kamara and Luiz.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

El Ghazi worth way more than 2.5 Million 

Yep .. Guessing a sell on clause also … Plus goodwill in negotiations now should be remembered in return in the future if/when we come calling for Sangare/Veerman/Gakpo etc. We have been praised many times before going back to Lerners days of doing transfer the right way… 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd argue Kamara is already a mix of Kamara and Luiz.

To me our issue is SG is trying to fit Ollie and INGS in same team, if we play 4321 or 433 we only need 1 of them. 

And you rotate them as needed, and only play both up top if we are chasing a game. 

We looked comfortable in midfield Sunday until Luiz went off and JJ came on. 

I like JJ but he doesn't have the discipline to play in a 3 man midfield, I know people are looking at McGinn, and his form hasn't been great, but Sunday he was coming back to collect the ball and his miss passes were him trying to play a ball that maybe is not his game, like a ball Emi or Phil can and will play. 

If your taking Luiz off then it had to be for Nakamba or Tim as its more like for like, so that's on the manager. 

If we're are to persist with either 4321 or 433 then the 3 midfielders need to be from McGinn, Kamara, Luiz, Nakamba, Tim and a new CM

Then the front three or 2 to support the striker come from coutinho, Emi, Bailey, JJ

And the the striker being Ollie, ings or Archer. 

At the moment it seems SG is still unsure of the player combo that's best for us and that's worrying to me, and I just prey if we stick with him then he needs to find it ASAP. 

I just hope that we can get this CM we can all see we need and another CB 

• Like 1

We badly need a midfielder who can retain position and always be available for a pass. Doesn't have to be a Big name player. I have no idea whether Sanson is that player as we have hardly seen him play !

Someone like Dougie but with a bit more Grunt !

Edited by Villa Gaffa

9 hours ago, messi11 said:

El Ghazi worth way more than 2.5 Million 

A player is only worth what the buying team want to pay. If we insisted on lets say 7 Mil, no-one would have paid that and  he would have rotted with the kids, not good for anyone!

Yes he is worth more than 2.5M, but Gerrard does not want him, El Ghazi wants to play football. So works for both parties. 

Good luck to him.

10 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Are they guilty of under investing in this window? Its a record breaking season for money spent and we seem to be behind some of our league rivals.

I thought this, we have hardly spent have we? I'm hoping it's down to being unsure on Gerrard and not wanting him to bring anymore of his own players in. It's not the best time, considering what all the other teams are spending, but maybe for the best.

If this is true, it also seems like Purslow wants to give him time, but maybe not the owners, all speculation ofcourse.

Prediction.

We will completly panic on thursday and throw 20 million on Hossem Aouar. He will sign and then kick up a big fuss when he realised what he walked into. Result,  we will be in even more turmoil than before...

Yeah, I know, I'm really a positive person... 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Are they guilty of under investing in this window? Its a record breaking season for money spent and we seem to be behind some of our league rivals.

It’s been a strange transfer window from us to date. It started off with a bang in the first week, but has then pretty much fallen flat since.

I can’t believe Kamara signed onto this as the project, surely he would have been promised further top quality players being bought in. Hopefully some big names players are lined up before deadline day to give us all a boost.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

It’s been a strange transfer window from us to date. It started off with a bang in the first week, but has then pretty much fallen flat since.

I can’t believe Kamara signed onto this as the project, surely he would have been promised further top quality players being bought in. Hopefully some big names players are lined up before deadline day to give us all a boost.

No top players are going to want to come here while were a shambles on the pitch.

NSWE have their work cut out sorting this mess out and it's all of Purslow's design.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Prediction.

We will completly panic on thursday and throw 20 million on Hossem Aouar. He will sign and then kick up a big fuss when he realised what he walked into. Result,  we will be in even more turmoil than before...

funny that you think we’ll spend any kind of decent money before the window shuts….far more positive than me.

20 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Prediction.

Hi! I’m Tayls and I like warm hugs!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No top players are going to want to come here while were a shambles on the pitch.

NSWE have their work cut out sorting this mess out and it's all of Purslow's design.

Yeah I agree it will be a hard sell at the moment, but West Ham agreed a deal for Paqueta while having zero points on the board, so we have to keep trying. I think like 90%+ on here that our best bet is to sack off Gerrard asap, and look to get a coach in who can push us up the table before pushing on next season. It is still early enough for the right coach to make a big difference this season and we should rule out top 10 finish with the right man in charge. We have to be careful not to make the same mistakes again though, and get someone with pedigree in.

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s not forget the investment in January too. We shouldn’t let the big spending of other clubs mean we throw money around for the sake of it. 

I agree but at the same time you need to keep pace. In Jan we signed chambers and Coutinho. The transfer window spend has certainly dropped away. I've no issue with the club becoming more sustainable, it will be hard to marry up high expectations with low transfer spend though.