Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He has played almost all of the games over last two seasons at West Ham who ended in top 6/7 in last two seasons. So he's clearly a good player

Emi is magic, has to play imo

Dawson would be a good signing. Let’s not get it twisted, we need to act for the here and now. He would come straight in and be our best CB. I don’t give a toss if he’s 32 we need to start winning games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Comical if we sign Bednarek and they get a target we clearly had going into the summer for under £9m

I would like to think we tried to give them back Sanson and make a deal for him, if they sign him after sending Bednarek to us we’ve have a mare  

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

No more players in please this manager needs to prove himself before more money is spent.

The problem is we need another centre back (at the very least) due to Diego’s injury regardless of who the manager will be in the near future.

We cannot jeopardise the squad strength due to not being convinced by the incumbent manager. 

The players are the clubs prerogative and they need to provide a competitive squad whoever is at the helm. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Anyone who's hip to it knows that Dawson is good player, he might not be a fashionable name or player but does a very good job and would be more than a good enough stop gap until Carlos returns, he would probably prove handy beyond that. Also it's interesting as might suggest that Bednarek isn't so inevitable after all if we're chasing Dawson, unless we want two defenders

I think he’s after 2 CB’s because he wants rid of Ming’s could be wrong but we’ll see.

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The problem is we need another centre back (at the very least) due to Diego’s injury regardless of who the manager will be in the near future.

We cannot jeopardise the squad strength due to not being convinced by the incumbent manager. 

The players are the clubs prerogative and they need to provide a competitive squad whoever is at the helm. 

I realise we need a new CB but it has to be a bargain basement stop gap nothing more.

I doubt we do actually want two centre-backs, and unless he's injured I don't think the club would let him replace Mings at this stage, he's been allowed to sign Carlos and will be allowed to sign a replacement for Carlos, he won't be allowed anymore central defenders unless yet another player has a serious injury. 😃

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Gerrard wont be gone before the window closes.

We need the best team we can, for when Gerrard gets sacked and the new manager can work with our squad.

Not improving our squad just because of Gerrard, would just be silly.

Disagree to a certain extent, we actually have decent squad as is. If we bring in more Gerrard type players (excluding the CB/CB’s we need) and any new manager want’s to play width in the forwards we are at the rebuilding stage again.

• Confused 1

All well and good looking for value for money but i have just worked out that over the last 3 windows ( apart from loan fees in and out) we have spent net £13 million on transfer fees. Thats £4.33 million per transfer window. 

Thats Deadly Doug expenditure. 

Are we looking to spend or are we now looking to consolidate and sell. ?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Dawson on a 2-year deal makes sense regardless of who the manager is. Decent enough cover for Carlos while he's out, and provides assurance and seniority next season as well.

Wolves want him now boly is on his way to forest 

• Shocked 1