Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1. I don’t see the point in giving Gerrard any more money to spend. The only signing I would sanction would be for a backup CB.

2. Why would anyone of quality currently sign for us, knowing that the manager might be gone in a few weeks. 

What a mess. 

• Like 1

I think the signngs we make if any will be club signings rather than Gerrard signings.

Sarr was a long term target from before Gerrard was at the club, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case for Bednarek as I think we've been linked with him going to before Gerrard was appointed.

Maybe this also a clue that Gerrard is on borrowed time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Awol said:

Ridiculous. We need a new 8 regardless of who the manager is. I want Gerrard gone but not taking the opportunity to improve the squad again now before the shuts is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Have a quick read of my post again….

we got 100m for Grealish.

We spent it on 3 players, only one of whom are now regular starters, and even that one isnt "regular".

What a waste of such a lot of money....

(not saying Bunedia and Bailey are.....but if Gerrard doesnt play them, it clearly is).

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, AVTuco said:

No more signings this summer please. Gerrard has to show something before spending more. Borrow a CB and tbat's it.

If there is a quality player that will benefit a new manager then I’m all for us making a move.

We still need more attacking options.

The team needs signings regardless of Gerrard's situation, can't just not improve the team because he might not be here long.

Yes I think some are worried that if we make any signings it's a sign that Gerrard is safe and won't get the sack any time soon, but club will recognize that team needs strengthening regardless of Gerrard's situation, I imagine if we bring anyone in it will be more the club's decision or Lange's rather than Gerrard's.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Soo what do we have if we need and wide attackers on the pitch? Just Bailey? 

Tra….no

Tre….no

El Gh… almost no. 

Young? 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We now need to prioritise the manager situation before bringing anyone else in. Bringing players in under this regime is just throwing money away. 

For sure. I’m also concerned with who he is going to let go though.