Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I know people are only speculating who we could realistically look to loan in as cover but christ, Nat Phillips is a donkey.  

Gotta be a young CB out there we could look at, who in 2 years we can flog to Chelsea for £200mill.

Plenty about, but they’ll cost us.

Something that crossed my mind more than once, just imagine if we made some different choices in the transfer market over the last 3 years, ie:

Didnt buy:

Traore - 16m

El Ghazi - 8m

Trezeguet - 9m

Jota - 4m

Samatta - 9m

Total - 46m

Did buy:

Raphinha - 16m

Eze - 16m

Bowen - 19m

Total - 51m

Add Buendia to that list, and we would have had some AM/forward four lol.

(before anyone wets their pants, ye i know its hypothetical etc etc and its impossible to be right 100% of the time)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Joshie2000 said:

Surely there must be a Scandinavian CB out there,  we've had a few goodun's in the past. 

Kent Neilson

Martin. Laursen

Olef. Mellberg

And all been proper CB

Victor Nelsson at Galatassary was tenuously linked before. Worked under Lange before 

2 hours ago, Joshie2000 said:

Surely there must be a Scandinavian CB out there,  we've had a few goodun's in the past. 

Kent Neilson

Martin. Laursen

Olef. Mellberg

And all been proper CB

Jores Okore sadly not one of the goodun's.

Crazy to think he's still only 30 

I get what people are saying about us " having enough " and " the answer can't always be to buy players ".

I do agree to a certain extent.

But I hope Diego Carlos shows people that we are just a Kamara injury away from having exactly the same team or worse. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get what people are saying about us " having enough " and " the answer can't always be to buy players ".

But I hope Diego Carlos shows people that we are just a Kamara injury away from having exactly the same team or worse. Lol

But we’ve added Augustinsson on loan!

I'm thinking the owners know we are good enough to consolidate our mid table status this season.

I'm not convinced they're going to sanction additional signings if we aren't good enough to challenge for Europe yet and with the renovations starting next season.

They may want to tighten the purse, even with Carlos going down.

Our remaining CBs are good enough and the owners know it.

My gut tells me any moves this window will be outgoing only.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm thinking the owners know we are good enough to consolidate our mid table status this season.

Wasn’t last season for that.  Can’t imagine the owners wanting another season of it even with the upheaval.  Bringing in Gerrard suggests they weren’t happy to settle for midtable under Smith.

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm not convinced they're going to sanction additional signings if we aren't good enough to challenge for Europe yet and with the renovations starting next season.

Waste of a season then this season.

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My gut tells me any moves this window will be outgoing only.

I think they want to strengthen areas of the pitch but might not be able to.  I think the owners want more this season that midtable consolidation.  I also don’t think they are tightening the purse but waiting on the right players whether this window or a later window.  I could easily see them picking up 2 or 3 players if they become available but also none.  I don’t think it’s about timing it’s about opportunity of the right deal.

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Absolutely spot and it's been mentioned Kamara playing CB aswell which for me and most is bonkers.

If villa sign no more players the I fear a relegation battle, the midfield needs to complement kamara not be solely reliant on him. Mcginn Ramsey and kamara is weak imo for 2 reasons firstly Ramsey is young and his form when off is horrible, mcginn just isn't good enough only Gerrard dosnt see this.

Edited by villan501

43 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Jores Okore sadly not one of the goodun's.

Crazy to think he's still only 30 

He wasn't bad,  wrong place at wrong time,  and injuries did him but you could see the talent was there. 

Maybe we need a nasty bugger at the back like an Alpay,  our defenders seem to nice.