Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I agree with you in principle as I see Gallagher as an attacking midfield who likes to roam, but Tuchel has decided that he's a DM and has used him as a very brief substitute for Kante.

If he has the discipline to adapt he could become a real upgrade, due to his physicality, attitude, energy and skill levels. He is also about the same height as Kamara. Two 6ft central midfielders with energy to burn, and the skill to distribute accurately would be a real improvement.

Google says he is 6 foot but he is probably 5'10 in reality. Google also says that Luke Shaw is 6'1" for instance.

Conor Gallagher and Zaha start - Predicted Crystal Palace starting line-up  vs Manchester United - George Smith - Manchester Evening News

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

I'm not sure if it’s been done before but I’d like us to bring in Marcus Thuram as another option for LW,IF, a left side version of Bailey if you like. 

Could we get Konate on loan from Pool?

Imo Bailey should be on the left anyway, slows himself down too much cutting in when he's on the right, just stick him on the left to be more direct. For him to be that direct on the right we'd need to be more geared to counter attacking to release him early, our build up play is too slow to make the most of him on the right at the moment.

Konate, no chance, he's quality and will get good number of games rotating with Matip.

Joe Gomez maybe. 

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This is easily disproved by looking at the fbref stats for those players. So I won't even bother

Kind of have to disaagree with you on on Chambers though, I think he is well capable with the ball.

I agree with you on all the others though, and Diego is also very capable on the goal, I mean he has a public record ffs.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Nat Philips is as brave as a lion, never ducks a tackle, wins his aerial 50/50's, and keeps it simple. He hasn't played more at Liverpool because he was back up for Virgil Van Dijk one of the world's best CB's, and more recently Matip and Gomez are ahead of him as CB cover. 

He would be a cheap loan and an option when we play teams that rely on set pieces to win games. Chambers and NP could rotate depending on the style of the opposition.

Regardless of how good we think Carlos could be, sadly he's history for this season so we need options. Konsa worries me every time he plays, and Chambers (who I rate) is not a current Gerrard  starter choice. Hause is nearly back from injury and may be another stop gap option, but I think a loan is more likely for him.

Caleta Car, the Croatian who plays for Marseilles could be another cheapish option. We were linked with him earlier this year. Marseille are rumoured to want £8.5 million for him.

ditto.

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'd prefer signing Conor Gallagher to play alongside Kamara, and a full season loan for Nat Phillips. 

More midfield control and supply, and far less defensive set piece concessions.

I like Gallagher and if he is not getting his game at Chelsea then I suspect he will want a move

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Feeney is a ball playing CB

Don't think the club will change their development plan for him.

He can also only sign 3 year contracts until May when he turns 18, imagine he'll be given the early cup games and perhaps a loan in January to tide him over until he can sign an 18 Year Contract in May. If he suddenly becomes crucial to our first team set up this season and has 2 years left on his deal we could very quickly find ourselves in another Carney situation. 

Whether he's ready or not I don't think we'll be relying on him yet

This Carlos injury will really mess up how we're allocating our funds. We'll need to sign another starting CB if we can which then forces us to sell on on Mings/Konsa/Chambers next summer when it's clear we need to move one of them on. 

If we just bring in a CB cover on loan we probably won't get a starter and thus we're essentially unsolving the problem we solved by signing Carlos. 

It's really a terrible situation to be in. Hopefully Lange can pull a rabbit out of a hat. But really the CBs we'd want and could afford have already moved this summer. Maybe we can source a loan deal until Jan for a quality player wanting game time before the WC. 

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

imagine he'll be given the early cup games and perhaps a loan in January to tide him over until he can sign an 18 Year Contract in May. 

That is some show of faith in the lad from the club, fair play in backing him to the hilt. 

Technically, he'd still be younger than Ashley Young when his contract expires. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Gallagher came on for Chelsea - is he even gettable now? Seems to keen to fight for his spot at this stage anyway, and I doubt minutes would make the desire any weaker.

Dont think we had a chance just like Tammy. I think he is a Chelsea fan and Chelsea started Jorginho and Kante yesterday who are now in the 30s and were willing to listen to offets for this summer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This Carlos injury will really mess up how we're allocating our funds. We'll need to sign another starting CB if we can which then forces us to sell on on Mings/Konsa/Chambers next summer when it's clear we need to move one of them on. 

If we just bring in a CB cover on loan we probably won't get a starter and thus we're essentially unsolving the problem we solved by signing Carlos. 

It's really a terrible situation to be in. Hopefully Lange can pull a rabbit out of a hat. But really the CBs we'd want and could afford have already moved this summer. Maybe we can source a loan deal until Jan for a quality player wanting game time before the WC. 

I just can't see us spending on a CB now. We know we need to spend elsewhere still. I suspect we'll compromise and bring in a stop gap CB that maybe isn't exactly what we would want but replaces some of Carlos's abilities at a reduced price/free and accept that's the best of a bad job.