Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

It’s not about the players and it’s not about the formation either.

It really is.  We've failed to control the middle of the pitch in the vast majority of matches for almost 3 seasons now.  Until we get another midfielder who can help us control the ball we will continue to struggle.  Luiz, McGinn and JJ don't provide that.  They each have other attributes but until we get balance in the middle of the park we will struggle.  Our midfield doesn't get the best out of our attacking players and don't provide enough cover for our defence.  We've got some decent players but there is just no balance.  Luiz was left exposed all of last season and Kamara will be left exposed this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, allani said:

It really is.  We've failed to control the middle of the pitch in the vast majority of matches for almost 3 seasons now.  Until we get another midfielder who can help us control the ball we will continue to struggle.  Luiz, McGinn and JJ don't provide that.  They each have other attributes but until we get balance in the middle of the park we will struggle.  Our midfield doesn't get the best out of our attacking players and don't provide enough cover for our defence.  We've got some decent players but there is just no balance.  Luiz was left exposed all of last season and Kamara will be left exposed this season.

I’ve been a Villa fan for more than 25 years. In that time I don’t remember a Villa team able to control the midfield. Been countless of players and managers. I don’t expect Gerrard of all would be able to achieve this. 

Physically out team is piss poor. Any team with any sort of height and strength always seem to beat us comfortably. Bournemouth of course don’t have better players but what they do have is players with a much better attitude and belief 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grobs said:

Physically out team is piss poor. Any team with any sort of height and strength always seem to beat us comfortably. Bournemouth of course don’t have better players but what they do have is players with a much better attitude and belief 

Exactly, Newcastle and West Ham towards the end of last season was the same. We melt against physical teams and look absolutely clueless.

24 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

So our players are worse than Bournemouth's? 

So it is said but still we lost to a midfield with Billing and a new signing from Middlesboro. The Boro signing Tavernier was the best midfielder on the pitch too.

I think buendia and coutinho are just as bad as each other after todays showing , although buendia got involved more he had little composure and control and lost the ball too much…. As for Coutinho was he playing?

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

My point being I dont trust Gerard with any new potential signings. 

I trust that we will still bring in quality players though.

Digne, Kamara and Carlos are top class players. I'm positive we would bring in a top CM and ST if we were given the opportunity.

If we don't, I can't see us finishing above 12th this season.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

This!

I don’t think we are good enough for top 8 but I think the club do.  It’s going to be interesting to see what happens.

I think we are with the right Manager 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Nope, theirs have more desire and cohesion. We are just cos-playing.

But we had a full preseason.

Full team bonding according to Gerrard.

Is he just talking out his arse?

40 minutes ago, allani said:

Absolutely spot on. The most sensible post of the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macandally said:

No, I think with the right Manager this squad could do top 8.

Gerrard will not get us there 

I misread what you wrote, I thought you meant Gerrard was the right manager, I thus reread and understood your meaning so I deleted my post.  I agree with you.

• Like 1