Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am warming to Pukki as a signing.

Would be great signing for those who love complaining about how shit our signings are. 32 and barely involved vs Cardiff the other day it seems. This was joke post right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we dont play wingers but you know we all know Coutinho is technically better than Anwar but the lack of respect for Anwar from the management is farcical

2 seasons ago Anwar and Traore were involved in 25 goals between them and both have been ostracized, its pretty shitty

I’ll bet if anyone could be bothered they could find umpteen posts from you berating El Ghazi.

This war you’re waging, seems kinda pointless.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ll bet if anyone could be bothered they could find umpteen posts from you berating El Ghazi.

This war you’re waging, seems kinda pointless.

I have always been a fan of El Ghazi and Traore, if they play poor I would have said it. I rarely have a go or as you say berate our players

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have always been a fan of El Ghazi and Traore, if they play poor I would have said it. I rarely have a go or as you say berate our players

Neither of those two players are good or consistent enough for where we want to be heading, so let’s just get that out of the way firstly.

Secondly, I’d imagine SG is trying to hone an intense culture within the squad, that’s how he played. Reading between the lines I’m making an assumption that he doesn’t feel that the character of those two players is conducive to the culture he’s trying to hone, we’ve seen some potential evidence of this with El Ghazi previously and Traore is an enigma, he’s never struck me as someone you want ‘in the trenches’ with you.

They’re still getting paid, handsomely, they’re still having full use of the facilities and are still being trained, I’d say it’s obvious we’re actively looking to move them both on (along with Guilbert and perhaps now Chuk, sadly) so hopefully suitors become involved soon.

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Neither of those two players are good or consistent enough for where we want to be heading, so let’s just get that out of the way firstly.

Secondly, I’d imagine SG is trying to hone an intense culture within the squad, that’s how he played. Reading between the lines I’m making an assumption that he doesn’t feel that the character of those two players is conducive to the culture he’s trying to hone, we’ve seen some potential evidence of this with El Ghazi previously and Traore is an enigma, he’s never struck me as someone you want ‘in the trenches’ with you.

They’re still getting paid, handsomely, they’re still having full use of the facilities and are still being trained, I’d say it’s obvious we’re actively looking to move them both on (along with Guilbert and perhaps now Chuk, sadly) so hopefully suitors become involved soon.

Traore is easily good enough for 4th choice both now and for where we want to be finishing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

El Ghazi was our second top scorer 2 seasons ago. Why does he need to go? 

Because he’s simply just not good enough. 
He couldn’t get a kick for an Everton team that was an inch away from relegation.

To think he’s suddenly going to transform into some world beater if Gerrard gives him a pat on the back, runs his fingers through his hair, and tells him what a good boy he his every day is utterly fanciful.

I’m gobsmacked that Smith hasn’t tried to take him to Norwich but again that tells you everything you need to know about Ghazi as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Because he’s simply just not good enough. 
He couldn’t get a kick for an Everton team that was an inch away from relegation.

To think he’s suddenly going to transform into some world beater if Gerrard gives him a pat on the back, runs his fingers through his hair, and tells him what a good boy he his every day is utterly fanciful.

I’m gobsmacked that Smith hasn’t tried to take him to Norwich but again that tells you everything you need to know about Ghazi as well. 

No, I agree, he isn’t good enough. But, statistically, you can’t argue that he isn't effective, right?

Same goes for Watkins. He got double figures therefore should absolutely not be sold…?

Stats are such nonsense at times. I’m sure you could find a stat that tells me McGinn is one of the best midfielders in the prem but it don’t mean s***.

Too many people on here believe stats rather than their own two eyes. Watkins and McGinn will both start against Bournemouth when they absolutely shouldn’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

But he scores goals, mate. We should keep him. He gets goals. 

Getting the occasional goal doesn't help if he's constantly giving the ball away. That leads to goals at the other end.

He gives the ball away too much. It's that simple for me.

He's a highly paid championship player who shoots at any opportunity, hence the goals he scores. Can't believe he's the only dedicated left winger we have at the club. 

Edited by tinker

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's a highly paid championship player who shoots at any opportunity, hence the goals he scores. Can't believe he's the only dedicated left winger we have at the club. 

We don't need wingers when we don't play with them. Obviously, that may be a problem for the next manager who will come in and find a dearth of wide players in the squad, but we'll worry about that in 6 months.

13 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Noooooo, I need backing up on Twitter. I have a mission to get a rumour so out of hand, that sky are reporting on the dumb shit I made up, when procrastinating from work 

Man City want Leon Bailey and are offering Grealish in part exchange

13 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

We are becoming everything we hate

Its not that we hate it, we are jealous of it and make out we hate it and claim we don't want to be one of those teams. We all know we want AVFC to buy their way to the top 6 and Champions League football and be one of those teams. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

we dont play wingers but you know we all know Coutinho is technically better than Anwar but the lack of respect for Anwar from the management is farcical

2 seasons ago Anwar and Traore were involved in 25 goals between them and both have been ostracized, its pretty shitty

How is it a lack of respect. The management clearly don't rate him enough to be part of our playing squad. There is nothing disrespectful about that. If they are not part of the team they should not be involved in the team. That is just basic management. 

• Like 1

What is it lately where if a player is deemed surplus to requirements, i.e. the manager doesn't rate him or he doesn't fit into their style of play--then it's disrespectful and I feel so sorry for them and it's totally unfair and heart breaking.

Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 2