Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Everyone is talking about “a difficult market”, it is seemingly slow, and I have to,assume that we need to off load a few before we move again?

interesting we have no loans at the moment.

With Wesley, Trez, Philogene-Bidace and Aziz confirmed outs, I would guess we would want to sell or at worst loan out: Davis, Guilbert, El Ghazi, Hause and possibly Nakamba and Traore before we add. In this case Ashley Young looks an odd signing unless we see him as joining the Management team?

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why isn’t this getting more discussion. Old Villan has been around here forever! 

Would a midfield of Kamara, Sangare, McGinn work well?

We had three main midfield problems last season- a lack of a quality defensive player who could tackle and Intercept, an inability to keep possession under pressure  and limited passing vision. Kamara improves those three areas to some degree, but I think a genuine defensive midfielder, without as many limitations as Nakamba, would provide a better foundation for defense and attack. Sangare could be that player. 

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Whilst the info is believable, it’s so very dependent on the conditions of player sales and contract situations. We haven’t sold any midfielders and looks like we’re keeping Luiz (which is good). I just don’t see us bringing in another midfielder as much as I’d like us to.

McGinn being appointed captain is the writing on the wall. And Ings being given the #9  as well. No more signings.

41 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Everyone is talking about “a difficult market”, it is seemingly slow, and I have to,assume that we need to off load a few before we move again?

interesting we have no loans at the moment.

With Wesley, Trez, Philogene-Bidace and Aziz confirmed outs, I would guess we would want to sell or at worst loan out: Davis, Guilbert, El Ghazi, Hause and possibly Nakamba and Traore before we add. In this case Ashley Young looks an odd signing unless we see him as joining the Management team?

I thought Davis was heading off to Nottingham Forest?

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

The No.7 got mucked up in football terms with the likes of Dalglish, Cantona, Raul and because Ronaldo kept his number but moved positions.  So along with being a winger it’s also seen as a second striker position similar to a No.10 but yeah No.7 is a winger for traditionalists.

Number 7 is the second best player in the team, after number 10. Everyone who has ever played footy knows that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Number 7 is the second best player in the team, after number 10. Everyone who has ever played footy knows that.

Well I played as No.9 and was the best player on the team I played for despite what the other players on the team said. 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Well I played as No.9 and was the best player on the team I played for despite what the other players on the team said. 😉

I was always 11 and again I was definitely the best player in our team and won my Player of the Season award every season.  Now we just need another nine players and we'll have a class team!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Probably extremely unpopular, but for the right wages I'd welcome Barkley back. I don't think he's that bad and he has a use.

I like a man who can fly in the face of all logic and reason, it shows character.

You bat shit crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Probably extremely unpopular, but for the right wages I'd welcome Barkley back. I don't think he's that bad and he has a use.

If this happened even I would have to turn against Gerrard before the season even started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Barkley in the form he showed when he first joined us was awesome.  I thought he was going to be the missing link.  Unfortunately it would be a monumental gamble for anyone to assume that they could keep him in that form for a full season.  Because his form for the rest of his stay was dreadful.  Certainly nowhere near the level needed to drop Couts or Emi2.