Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wtf js going on with Leicester btw.  Bought no one as yet. No money any more ?  Without Maddison they will really struggle. 

They have been living off the money from their freak premiership win.  The players they bought with the money or already had are old/contract endings.  They will be bottom half team this season and subsequent seasons.

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd disagree, I think Iroegbunam and Nakamba are the competition for Doug and Kamara - I think Ramsey is the competition for McGinn. 

Ramsey competition for mcginn are you watching the same team?? .. ramsey was miles better than mcginn last season so how do you work that one out 😧 i pretty much said that first part but didn’t mention luiz as we know he may be on the verge of leaving. We also dont need 4 players for one position so we need to trim those areas

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Really, thought Gerrard was looking for experience. Tielemans is at the right age and no guarantee the big clubs will be in for him. A signing like him will balance the midfield.

Tielemans as much as im a huge admirer is an inconsistent player hence why not all the huge teams are swarming around him, yes he would be a starter for us but im not sure it would be the right player 

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Really, thought Gerrard was looking for experience. Tielemans is at the right age and no guarantee the big clubs will be in for him. A signing like him will balance the midfield.

I know I’ll be probably be labelled mad for turning my nose up at Tielemans, but wasn’t he a little lazy and unfit last year? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn and Sanson are not good enough as a 6. If we lose Kamara that would put us back to last year's frailties. Tim is the man in waiting as the 6 but he doesn't have enough experience to be relied upon if Kamara is out. He may be able to do the job but I would not like to have to rely on him to step up to the mark in order for us to have a shot at 7th

Too much concern there meanwhile our number 8’s are not compact enough either dont you think there is more a priority 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Isn’t he 24? Why don’t we give Chuk to Barca and get Nico Gonzalez in a swap deal 😁

Yeah Sanagare turns 25 in December.

He's only 6 months younger than Tielemans

57 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

They have been living off the money from their freak premiership win.  The players they bought with the money or already had are old/contract endings.  They will be bottom half team this season and subsequent seasons.

Not just that, but because of their miracle everyone glosses over the fact they were bankrolled by their owner and violated FFP when they got promoted, and since his death the belts have been tightened a bit. Not to mention previous transfer were also funded by Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell sales. No big sale this window and I doubt they bring many in.

It's not necessarily a bad thing with the owner, glass houses and all that, just that I'm not sure his son is as willing to pump money in.

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ramsey competition for mcginn are you watching the same team?? .. ramsey was miles better than mcginn last season so how do you work that one out 😧 i pretty much said that first part but didn’t mention luiz as we know he may be on the verge of leaving. We also dont need 4 players for one position so we need to trim those areas

I don't think we have four for one position.

I see:

-------------Kamara-------Luiz--------------

--------Iroegbunam----Nakamba------

----------------------McGinn------------------

----------------------Ramsey-----------------

----------------------Sanson------------------

Possibly Chukwuemeka in the fortune list makes four so there's perhaps a trim there.

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Too much concern there meanwhile our number 8’s are not compact enough either dont you think there is more a priority 

I agree - with two eights we're not compact enough - we're much better with two sixes and a single eight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

FFP issues? It’s probably what will happen to a lot of clubs that get close to breaking that top 4 but don’t actually achieve it. Only so long can sustain high wages. 

7 minutes ago, Rolta said:

With all this talk about 6s and 8s, which I'm completely down with, I wonder what a 7 does?

Buy her a drink and a meal then see how the night goes, you may get lucky 😉

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Runs up and down the wing and puts crosses in. We don’t play with one. 

Ah, so 11 and 7 are the wingers. I couldn't get Ian Taylor out of my head in relation to the 7s—and McGinn of course! I know Taylor is from a different era, but I just had 7 down as a CM.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Runs up and down the wing and puts crosses in. We don’t play with one. 

The No.7 got mucked up in football terms with the likes of Dalglish, Cantona, Raul and because Ronaldo kept his number but moved positions.  So along with being a winger it’s also seen as a second striker position similar to a No.10 but yeah No.7 is a winger for traditionalists.

Edited by nick76

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Really? I’ve been slightly surprised by how meh their transfer window has been so far. 

I think it’s more a reflection of a dwindling Leicester and an ambitious Newcastle. Leicester won’t break into the top 4 with Rodgers. I’d stress ambition doesn’t correlate with actual deals as we’ve seen with the pursuits of their striking options. 

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

He will be going to a bigger team than us in the next 12 months.

Right now we need to be signing players that can mould into a player like Tielemans at 25 years old. Sangare at 22 years old would be that player for me; a brilliant player, who will only increase in value once signed.

Sangare’s 24 mate but I agree, ideal signing for us.

• Like 1