Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

15 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Wow Forest are having a terrible window imho.

11 signings plus what must be a crippling wage bill after Lingaard. How on earth are they going to gel?

We recruited better AND we had Grealish and barely stayed up.

Maybe Grabban knew something we didnt when he turned them down a few weeks ago.

Wonder if they want Carney for 35 mill and 100 k per week?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We recruited better

No chance. We were down without Covid, we all know that. Very similar to us with having to replace so many starting players. Incredibly tough job.

I think Forest have absolutely secured their place in the PL in 24/25 if they do drop. Wouldn't be surprised to see them up in the 10th-14th bracket this season.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

At least they are having a go, no point in getting promoted if you are just going to accept relegation like Norwich do. In truth nobody knows how good or bad their window has been, only time will tell. What I do know is they have a proper coach in Copper who knows how to set a team up. 

100% agree with this. Its that line between not enough change and too much change to stay up. Imho Forest have leaned too far to the latter. I assume they are sane and have put relegation clauses in all these new big contracts they have just signed. 

Re lingard, the forest forum is saying 80k ish a week, 1 year deal, with a hefty signing on fee.

I hate lingard, but the deal itself sounds much more reasonable if true, I don't believe Forest would be paying a player 200k a week.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Re lingard, the foret forum is saying 80k ish a week, 1 year deal, with a hefty signing on fee.

I hate lingard, but the deal itself sounds much more reasonable if true, I don't believe Forest would be paying a player 200k a week.

Yeah thats much more reasonable.  From the West ham forum, their rumour is there is an 6M signing fee as well. 

So £80k a week plus £6m for one years work.

Then next year he walks off to another club.

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?9915509||1||

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No chance. We were down without Covid, we all know that. Very similar to us with having to replace so many starting players. Incredibly tough job.

I think Forest have absolutely secured their place in the PL in 24/25 if they do drop. Wouldn't be surprised to see them up in the 10th-14th bracket this season.

I just dont see this, the gulf between Championship and PL is getting wider all the time, much better sides have come up and looked completely out of their depth. We all know what a struggle integrating so many new players into your squad is, couple this with the toughest league in the world and I just dont see them surviving unfortunately. I would love for them to stay up, a huge club really, teams like Brighton and Bournemouth pale into insignificance compared to their huge footballing history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yeah thats much more reasonable.  From the West ham forum, their rumour is there is an 6M signing fee as well. 

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?9915509||1||

Yeah, I dislike the guy, but as you say, 6m signing on fee, so effectively like a small transfer fee to try and help keep them up for that one year as they build, then a high but more realistic wage.

Much more probable that.

On a similar note, I would also love to know kamaras signing on fee, I bet it was fairly huge.

(Not comparing the players or contracts, just interested in the free "signing on fee")

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Re lingard, the forest forum is saying 80k ish a week, 1 year deal, with a hefty signing on fee.

Hefty signing on fee suggests that it probably amounts to £200k a week if you include that. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WHY said:

Hefty signing on fee suggests that it probably amounts to £200k a week if you include that. 

Fair shout. 6M/52 = 115,384 per week. + his 80K pw salary gets you round abouts.

If anyone would like to pay me that amount of money for my next years work I am available.

27 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

We signing Jesse Lingard?

Forest signed him.

So guess we were talking about how none of us never saw it coming etc and on a side note probably means death knell for Keinan.

Plus wages etc, as well as us having no news of our own. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Chelsea a funny one too becuase Werner hasn't really performed. I guess they'll be looking to sign someone else but don't look that strong at present.

Think Sterling has gone there to play as a striker not a winger.

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

FFP is a cancer on football. It simply punishes small clubs (ie: those who cant afford to pay to get around it).

FFP needs to be permanently thrown in the trash where it belongs. A stupid idea, invented by morons, implemented by clowns.

There I feel better :)

It’s off topic but I have always thought there should be a loophole in it where the owners put excess they want to spend into a bond which is drawn down.

that allows more money in football and doesn’t put a clubs future in jeopardy 

• Like 1

Someone mentioned earlier about Wolves owners being worth around 50 billion? 

Well for the record a big Wolves fan I know is currently very depressed as he reckons they have gone from being one of the richest clubs in the Prem to now one of the poorest due to their owners losing around 41 billion over the last year or two!! 

• Shocked 2