Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

It all depends if a quality CM is available and wants to come to us though

Good post. Think this is it now. We are waiting for an opportunity to sign that player and it is probably down to what other clubs do.  

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There's a lot of work to be done in trimming the squad down to remove the 'bloat' that SG has mentioned. 

Steer, Hause, AEG, Fred, JPB, Davis have to be on that list. Mixture of sales and loans. Going to be challenging to get good deals for some of them

Hopefully a busy week next week getting them gone. 

I think we are done on big signings now.

still optimistic for the season, two new faces who will most likely be starting along with quite a few who have more to offer than what they showed last season. 

Cant see us troubling the European spots if I’m honest but a season without two horrible losing runs, a ridiculous amount of losses and losing all 10 games to the top 5 would be a step in the right direction, maybe the following year will be the one to really kick on.

Yes, finally someone bringing attention to our bloated squad…

It’s going to be difficult to shift some of our bomb squad players for any real money… however they need to go, for their own sake and for Villa’s

we got real promising young talent that needs game time..  To be honest, I rather risk it on the kids than give game time to players like Marv, Fred, Anwar, Jed, Kortney and Keinan. They’ve all peaked and have very little extra to offer Villa.. and in some cases our youth are better or not far behind these guys and probably worth playing ahead just to give  the kids experience. 

If I’m being brutal, I’d add Bert, Danny, Doug, Morgan to the list that would need to go too, not because they’re rubbish, but because we can use the money they generate to get better in. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I think we are done on big signings now.

still optimistic for the season, two new faces who will most likely be starting along with quite a few who have more to offer than what they showed last season. 

Oh god don’t say this mate. Quick edit your post before others see it and have a melt down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yes, finally someone bringing attention to our bloated squad…

It’s going to be difficult to shift some of our bomb squad players for any real money… however they need to go, for their own sake and for Villa’s

we got real promising young talent that needs game time..  To be honest, I rather risk it on the kids than give game time to players like Marv, Fred, Anwar, Jed, Kortney and Keinan. They’ve all peaked and have very little extra to offer Villa.. and in some cases our youth are better or not far behind these guys and probably worth playing ahead just to give  the kids experience. 

If I’m being brutal, I’d add Bert, Danny, Doug, Morgan to the list that would need to go too, not because they’re rubbish, but because we can use the money they generate to get better in. 

Agree about the kids, no point having them around if they won't get decent game time.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There's a lot of work to be done in trimming the squad down to remove the 'bloat' that SG has mentioned. 

Steer, Hause, AEG, Fred, JPB, Davis have to be on that list. Mixture of sales and loans. Going to be challenging to get good deals for some of them

The expected big money some ambitious posters were expecting never materialised

We are poor sellers

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Getting nearly 20 million for Targett and Trez suggests that we are getting better.

Yeah that's just a £5m loss or so. Huge improvement compared to our usual letting players leave for free.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Getting nearly 20 million for Targett and Trez suggests that we are getting better.

Although £15m for Targett which I think also included the loan fee, seemed a bit on the low side considering he’s a reasonable PL player joining another PL team to presumably be a first choice starter

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The expected big money some ambitious posters were expecting never materialised

We are poor sellers

They're one and the same.

You buy poor players or players at the wrong age, it's incredibly likely that when you don't want them, neither will anyone else.

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The window still runs until the end of August right? So still 6 weeks away. I’m sure we would have liked to get it sorted earlier but hopefully there’s still chance to get some movement before the end of the window.  

I just cannot see why JPB and Davis wouldn’t be able to find loans into the championship for example. They’d find a new club the day Villa put them up for loan. I guess with Davis maybe we’re hoping for a sale but were we getting greedy with the price?

One I don’t really get though is why we renewed Hause’s deal as now he’s 5th choice in his position and is now part of the “bloat” Gerrard is complaining about, he could have been released this summer

41 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Oh god don’t say this mate. Quick edit your post before others see it and have a melt down. 

That's a funny way of spelling "I said I was right that we wouldn't sign any more players and then people pointed out that we literally had in the intervening period".

• Like 3