Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Still think we should go and get Belotti.

With no transfer fee, we could offer him a decent wage. 

I'd be interested if we sold Watkins, but they're fairly similar in their strengths and weaknesses for me.

Wouldn't be enough of an upgrade for his wages. Certainly not a clinical striker.

I would love to do that silly celebration all the time though.

GALLO

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd be interested if we sold Watkins, but they're fairly similar in their strengths and weaknesses for me.

Wouldn't be enough of an upgrade for his wages. Certainly not a clinical striker.

I would love to do that silly celebration all the time though.

GALLO

I don’t think he’s an upgrade at all. Ollies numbers in serie A would be double Belottis

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Miles ahead is a bit of an overstatement.

West Ham are at least on par if not better, as are Leicester. The rest bar the odd player we are probably better.      

West Ham - Antonio, Bowen,
Leicester - Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka
Newcastle - Wilson, Wood, Gayle
Wolves - Raúl Jiménez, Fábio Silva
Brighton - Maupay, Welbeck, Andone
Everton - Calvert-Lewin, Rondón
Palace - Ayew, Benteke, Édouard

Wolves are loaning Silva to Anderlecht for the season.

We do not want Belotti. Believe me. He's not good enough to play in this league. He had one outstanding season. Nearly 40% of his goals have come on penalties the last four seasons. In open play he posts worse numbers than Watkins and Ings do, but in an easier league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we do manage to get a decent fee for Chukwuemeka, we should buy Alex Scott from Bristol City and loan him back for a year. Chukwuemeka himself really rates Scott so I feel it would be fitting. 

We’ve got Tommi O’Reilly and Chuck believes in some weird things so be pointless signing IMO 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Strange, it looked like he was beginning to develop and closer to realising his potential, plus featuring more last season?

Mendez fingers all over it. I cannot explain it but there will be something happening in a year where someone takes him for a big number once he has scored shit loads in Belgium

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we do manage to get a decent fee for Chukwuemeka, we should buy Alex Scott from Bristol City and loan him back for a year. Chukwuemeka himself really rates Scott so I feel it would be fitting. 

Yes please. 

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

There is plenty of teams between us and Arsenal we need to catch first.

That's true but there's no reason why that should have been the case. We beat them twice, reasonably comfortably, just two seasons ago. And then we did what we always do at Villa - stuttered and gave our rivals a chance to gain serious ground on us. They've done excellent business the last few windows and I'd expect them to go from strength to strength with Jesus leading the line now.

All this was looking pretty unlikely 2 years ago, and nobody to blame but ourselves really. 

See also Hotspur, Tottenham; Wanderers, Wolverhampton.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That's true but there's no reason why that should have been the case. We beat them twice, reasonably comfortably, just two seasons ago. And then we did what we always do at Villa - stuttered and gave our rivals a chance to gain serious ground on us. They've done excellent business the last few windows and I'd expect them to go from strength to strength with Jesus leading the line now.

All this was looking pretty unlikely 2 years ago, and nobody to blame but ourselves really. 

See also Hotspur, Tottenham; Wanderers, Wolverhampton.

Lost grealish for £100 mill. Replaced with Bailey Ings amd Buendia.  Strengthened our attacking players with Coutinho in the January and our defence with Digne

Apart ftom a DM i really do not see what we could have done better at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but theres not mucb different alot of us would have done i guess ( apart from a DM ) 

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Lost grealish for £100 mill. Replaced with Bailey Ings amd Buendia.  Strengthened our attacking players with Coutinho in the January and our defence with Digne

Apart ftom a DM i really do not see what we could have done better at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but theres not mucb different alot of us would have done i guess ( apart from a DM ) 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing indeed, as it's all we have to measure by ultimately. 

Not buying Bailey and Ings for over £60m (before wages) would have been a start really. Imagine if we'd just purchased, you know, a really good attacker who's not a crock or over the hill instead. We'd have had a much different season, that's for sure.

We've dropped a fortune the last few seasons. Martinez, Cash and Digne were top signings. None of the rest has had a huge impact, and yes that includes The Magician himself, who got tired of magic tricks with several games left to play and just started making balloon animals. And even then Emi Buendia, who I feel bad for tbh, couldn't get much of a sniff. At least Coutinho didn't cost us anything in terms of up front fees.

Sorry I'm not as optimistic as some, but I just can't look past a lot of wasted money when other clubs we should be competing with have bought well and gone from strength to strength in that time (Arsenal, Spurs, Palace, Newcastle). 

Edited by est1874