Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Why underwhelming? 

We're not going to spend £20m on a back up left back. 

I'd hoped for a young understudy to digne. 

It's a sensible signing, but an underwhelming one. I'm just wary of why sevilla want rid of him

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

It's a sensible signing, but an underwhelming one. I'm just wary of why sevilla want rid of him

I think we already have one from our academy don’t we? This loan gives us some insurance though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

We do have a Young understudy to Lucas, but it’s probably less condescending to simply call him by his first name… Ashley. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I just don't think we are at the level yet to get a top quality young left back who is prepared to sit on the bench for a couple of years. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I just don't think we are at the level yet to get a top quality young left back who is prepared to sit on the bench for a couple of years. 

I also don't think that we will be buying youngsters ever again ( who are ready for the first team)  apart from the odd exceptional talent.  We have shed loads coming through   and it seems alot of them have really high ceilings . 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I also don't think that we will be buying youngsters ever again ( who are ready for the first team)  apart from the odd exceptional talent.  We have shed loads coming through   and it seems alot of them have really high ceilings . 

Exactly this. What's the point of putting all that effort hoovering up top talent if we then block their path to the first team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

i do get that. i'm just always concerned that when a club loans out players in their late 20s it's usually because they want rid of them. same with us with trez, samatta and el ghazi

i'm not denying that it's a sensible signing for relatively low risk. i guess i'm just annoyed that we missed out on hickey as that's the sort of player i thought we'd end up getting

i'm not against ludwig, just underwhelmed

Edited by tomav84

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly this. What's the point of putting all that effort hoovering up top talent if we then block their path to the first team. 

The path isn’t blocked for the kids, they go on loans to prove themselves and come back to play 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

We're not, we don't play deep enough in enough competitions to feed them games 

And at the same time the shitty truth of the PL and all this money means that if we do still like him in 3 years time and he is better than Digne or we are in europe and competiting at the top end we can buy him for £30-40m

I feel dirty just for saying something so arrogant but that's what the top 6 do, let Brentford take the risk and put the graft in developing him and then if he's good a bigger fish will buy him 

Hickey will do more good at Brentford then he would do for us right now, we don't really need him 

• Like 2

Not sure how realistic it is but would love to get Paqueta from Lyon. Maybe with Sanson going on loan to them as a sweetener.   

Edit:  rumored with Arsenal and Newcastle, so we certainly could compete for his signing.

Edited by nepal_villan

17 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not sure how realistic it is but would love to get Paqueta from Lyon. Maybe with Sanson going on loan to them as a sweetener.   

Edit:  rumored with Arsenal and Newcastle, so we certainly could compete for his signing.

Would be an awesome signing but would potentially mean you don’t see a lot of Buendia…

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

So after signing Ludwig Augustinsson the backup LB do we think we're done in the transfer market?
I still think we need a CM 

I’m done with you…

but in seriousness, I believe we’ll get a marquee sigining. But depending if we can shift more players 

if not, we give Doug a new contract 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Based on the fact Gerrard said only a few days ago that we are after another CM, I’d say we are not done.

I wonder who! Hopefully we splash the cash on quality 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m done with you…

but in serious, I believe we’ll get a marquee sigining. But depending if we can shift more players 

if not, we give Doug a new contract 

Luiz looks like he staying the amount of posts Villa official twitter give him 
Ramsey and Mcginn walk into our starting 11 right now and that shouldn't be the case 

• Like 1

I got the impression that Otavio from Porto was our midfield targett. I don't mind this as I think he'd be good in a midfield three/ attacker on rotation, but I am still hoping for a more defensive minded top class midfielder. Doesn't have to be a full on DM but definitely more defensive than offensive.

If Douglas Luiz can be persuaded to sign a new contract then I think he would be great alongside Kamara (yes we DID play 4-2-3-1 for the first half against Walsall) but I don't think Nakamba is good enough as our Kamara alternative for the defensive role. He did not impress me against Walsall. Regardless of Douglas Luiz staying or going I would like a marquee central midfielder with defensive strengths, who can play either the "6" or "8" role! I've heard Latimer from RB Leipzig mentioned. He'd be great!

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Ndombele left out of Spurs squad for pre-season? Would he be worth the risk for the right price? At his best he’d walk into our midfield.

Absolutely not.

• Like 3