Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I'm absolutely fine with Ashley Young signing up for another season; at times last year I thought he looked good still at PL level.

As you say he is experienced and another lieutenant on the training ground, matchdays etc.

Would be great if he stays with us after and makes it as a coach for a few years.

• Like 2

Gossip rags not given up on trying to sell us Rangers players. Aribo, Kent, Morelos :DBassey will be linked til' the window closes I imagine.

• Like 2

Ash is back.

Again.

I wonder if the decision was more down to terms, or us taking a little time to evaluate our option in the market, and deciding it wasn't worth signing a player for X amount to provide backup.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Gossip rags not given up on trying to sell us Rangers players. Aribo, Kent, Morelos :DBassey will be linked til' the window closes I imagine.

It’s all they have. They know nothing. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ash is back.

Again.

I wonder if the decision was more down to terms, or us taking a little time to evaluate our option in the market, and deciding it wasn't worth signing a player for X amount to provide backup.

It’s likely as anything to be down to the human side of things. Is he and his family happy living where they currently do? Kids happy at school? Waiting for an offer on a house to be accepted, etc. etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Signed more for his influence and experience - it doesn’t preclude us singing a left back also 

I do think that's an indication we've decided whatever left-back deals are available aren't worth the money.

You're right we could still sign one of course.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I do think that's an indication we've decided whatever left-back deals are available aren't worth the money.

You're right we could still sign one of course.

I'm fine with Young playing there if there isn't a decent deal to be had out there. I'd rather we spent the money on somebody who would improve the first team. 

• Like 4

Young could just as easily be back up on the right as well if Guilbert leaves and KKH goes out on another loan, so well worth signing up for another year when he will only be playing in case of injuries/suspensions anyway.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1

Good to see Ash sign on for a year. Experienced head in the dressing room and around the place. Good role model for the younger lads too.

I wonder if coaching badges and a place on the coaching team next season was added as a sweetener to the deal