Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

One time my sister asked me to guess a number between 1 and 100 and I guessed the right one. Nobody has confused me for having psychic powers because of it. He was right about one player possibly because he had actual information, and he enjoyed the notoriety he received, so he's continued making things up since. Notice how the time you give him credit for being correct, he NAMED the player? Nothing but mysterious bullshit hints since.

What was the number just out of interest?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Power is with Luiz, He just needs to stay 1 more season at Villa to get a mega signing on fee at his new club. I doubt he wants to leave tbh, Makes more financial sense to him if he stays the 1 more year and take the mega pay day 

players get 10% of transfer fees. they're better off getting transferred for a fee than on a free

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They can more than recoup that 10% in the sign on bonus. 

the point being is that if they transfer for a fee they get both

if leave on a free they just get the sign on bonus

Luiz won't get a mega payday outside the PL. I'm sure we'd be able to, and willing to, offer him a higher salary than Roma.

If he signs it now, and gets a year of a higher salary than he on currently,  not to mention a higher salary than he'd get at Roma, then he's making more money overall.

I think his desire to move is more to do with either playing in Europe, or playing in a less defensive role, possibly one with more freedom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Luiz won't get a mega payday outside the PL. I'm sure we'd be able to, and willing to, offer him a higher salary than Roma.

If he signs it now, and gets a year of a higher salary than he on currently,  not to mention a higher salary than he'd get at Roma, then he's making more money overall.

I think his desire to move is more to do with either playing in Europe, or playing in a less defensive role, possibly one with more freedom. 

I think you’re right. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

the point being is that if they transfer for a fee they get both

if leave on a free they just get the sign on bonus

You think… but because clubs are saving on the transfer fee, the player can ask for more money 

24 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Power is with Luiz, He just needs to stay 1 more season at Villa to get a mega signing on fee at his new club. I doubt he wants to leave tbh, Makes more financial sense to him if he stays the 1 more year and take the mega pay day 

What he needs to decide is whether he's going to get a better contract here or anywhere else, and if it's somewhere else, then whether he would get a better one this summer or next summer. Of course, if he's highly in demand next summer, then it's likely he would get a significantly better financial deal then, but the risk is that he either spends a lot of time on the bench this season, or gets a serious injury before next summer, and then he would be up shit creek. The question is really 'bird in hand or in the bush', and the 'bird in hand' might be Villa or another club who are interested. 

To put my cards on the table, I *want* us to sell Luiz this summer. His next two contracts will be the biggest of his career, so the question for us should be 'do we want to give him a massive pay rise, or do we want to cash in and replace his contribution from another source?' For me, his contribution is far from irreplaceable, so hopefully Mourinho eventually gets round to launching a bid. My fear is any potential buyers will wait as long as possible to drive the price down. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

One time my sister asked me to guess a number between 1 and 100 and I guessed the right one. Nobody has confused me for having psychic powers because of it. He was right about one player possibly because he had actual information, and he enjoyed the notoriety he received, so he's continued making things up since. Notice how the time you give him credit for being correct, he NAMED the player? Nothing but mysterious bullshit hints since.

I can’t believe how wound up about it you are to be honest

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

you could be on to something there.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Delph was stitched up by Lerner. If he really wanted to sign for City there isn’t a chance he would have signed a new contract a week before. He could have left on a free and trousered more than the £8m we got for him! 

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

If this was even remotely true. There would be all the hype for Conner Gallagher and the punch line would be Loftus Cheek

Can totally see that happening 😂

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If this was even remotely true. There would be all the hype for Conner Gallagher and the punch line would be Loftus Cheek

Gallagher is the bigger talent obviously , but I wouldn't be that disappointed if we signed Loftus-Cheek.  Would be a decent option as an #8.