Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

13 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Reasonable point but equally we were unlikely to see his best when he was 21 in his first PL season, or this year when with the Copa America and Olympics his pre-season was two days. I think if he stays he will step up a level this season. But I think he’ll move.

Played out of position too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

He was good when he had his corn rows, then he cut them off and lost his ability. 

Nah, that was Sanson. His wife Delilah made him do it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do people think he’s not good enough for us or not suited to this league?

Luiz? I think he's been played out of position.

Can't really call anything else. He looked amazing in the one game where Nakamba played behind him, until Nakamba got subbed off and he was forced to drop back. But that was such a short sample period who knows.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s good enough for us and perfectly capable in this league but that Villa fans probably haven’t rated any central midfielder since Ian Taylor for longer than a one-year period.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think he’s good enough for us and perfectly capable in this league but that Villa fans probably haven’t rated any central midfielder since Ian Taylor for longer than a one-year period.

Milner/Barry/Petrov/McGinn

I will say this, if Luiz is off we are going to need two central midfielders.

Lets not forget Sanson and Nakamba are likely for sale at the moment and Nakamba’s contract doesn’t have long to run.

Kamara, McGinn and Ramsey are the only nailed on players people are happy with and then factor in Chukwumeka hasn’t signed his contract so far.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Milner/Barry/Petrov/McGinn

I’ll give you Barry without a doubt, and yes Milner stretched to two seasons in his permanent spell, but for all that I love Stan he spent a great deal of his time here being criticised, and the McGinn thread on this very site - a couple of threads away from this one - is mostly about how he should be flogged as well. Even though they are four great players in my opinion, I think they add to the point that we hold central mids here to slightly unrealistic standards for the most part. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not me and I would suggest not our manager, or the clubs that finished above us last season, that are now rumoured to be willing to pay significant money to take him off our hands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Lets not forget Sanson and Nakamba are likely for sale at the moment and Nakamba’s contract doesn’t have long to run.

Kamara, McGinn and Ramsey are the only nailed on players people are happy with and then factor in Chukwumeka hasn’t signed his contract so far.

Nakamba will stay. Chuck hopefully stays. Sanson will be a Loan. So it'll be just one 8 in for Luiz as we'll have 4 and also Coutinho/Buendia can play 8 if needed. Chambers can play 6 and Kamara at 8 also. So I think we need just one 8 

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

This--totally agree.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

God we really need some random links. I need to watch some shitty YouTube videos with terrible music already

Twitter talk early this morning is that we, along with Newcastle, have made a bid for AC Milan 27yo centre-back Alessio Romagnoli. via Corriere dello Sport.

The video that you wanted:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wes said:

Twitter talk early this morning is that we, along with Newcastle, have made a bid for AC Milan 27yo centre-back Alessio Romagnoli. via Corriere dello Sport.

The video that you wanted:

Yes please. Sign him up. Don't think we need another CB tho tbh

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Reasonable point but equally we were unlikely to see his best when he was 21 in his first PL season, or this year when with the Copa America and Olympics his pre-season was two days. I think if he stays he will step up a level this season. But I think he’ll move.

Corona too, he stepped in to a weird world, maybe I'm being harsh here based on what he posts on insta but he looks like he still lives a very different life to a lot of the team

To me it's almost inevitable that if he goes to say roma they will see a better player both in terms of what we've seen so far and what we would see in the future, it's a good move for him at the right time 

I'd happily keep him as a squad option,if he does leave we are a weaker squad 

5 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Hause surely going, Konsa recovering from injury, or..... 3 at the back? 😓

Was gonna say that. If we get another cb without selling, I think we're going 3 at the back.

20 hours ago, Steero113 said:

That is literally the definition of worth though…….

That's not the definition of worth. It might be the definition of market/realisable value because the market has determined the price, but whether he is worth that are not can be subjective.