Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, ThornburyVilla said:

Wan Bissaka is an excellent defender, but appalling going forward, so kills any attack he is involved with.  Really surprised United havent tried to convert him to a central defender, given how bad the rest of their defense is.  Perhaps Everton might fancy him :)

Not a bad idea, he really would be an excellent signing for any team who wants an old fashioned right back

5 hours ago, allani said:

****.I read that as our next signing will be when petrol prices fall.

"predicting"😀 being the operative word 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The only squads I can see that have improved in this window so far are ours, Leeds, Spurs and Man City.

I would hold that thought with Leeds. If they keep Phillips and raphina then yes probably but I think they are both likely to leave and I would say that leaves them weaker than last season arguably 

• Like 2

The link to Matheus Nunes is no doubt just Twitter bollox but he is a fantastic player. He is the player I thought Luiz would be for us and a perfect upgrade with his ball carrying and passing stats. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Would he have got a work permit? He doesn't have an international cap and has just one season at River

Easily as Luiz got one when he had no cps when he signed

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The link to Matheus Nunes is no doubt just Twitter bollox but he is a fantastic player. He is the player I thought Luiz would be for us and a perfect upgrade with his ball carrying and passing stats. 

Will be turning down Wolves because apparently wants to continue playing Champions League 

Rodrigo De Paul 👀 if we ever were to get hold off him id be extremely content with our midfield 😆 him alongside ramsey and kamara to support defensively… now all we would need is to find our own Darwin Nunez  🤐 …. Would we pay £42 million for the lets say two peak seasons out of him though 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Easily as Luiz got one when he had no cps when he signed

Luiz got one due to his wages didn't he? 

If you were paid as one of the top earners you could get a permit, if his wages were over a certain percentage of other players, at city he was under the threshold but for us post promotion he was over that's why he got one here but not there

After brexit I'm not sure if that rule still exists 

You need x number of points, him being Brazilian and them being a top ranked nation gets him some, the wages got him some more, there's something like 5 ways to get points (plus the unwritten 6th way of being one of the favourite 6...)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Luiz got one due to his wages didn't he? 

If you were paid as one of the top earners you could get a permit, if his wages were over a certain percentage of other players, at city he was under the threshold but for us post promotion he was over that's why he got one here but not there

After brexit I'm not sure if that rule still exists 

You need x number of points, him being Brazilian and them being a top ranked nation gets him some, the wages got him some more, there's something like 5 ways to get points (plus the unwritten 6th way of being one of the favourite 6...)

I think it was also to do with how much we paid for him relative to our transfer history.  He was relatively high up our list of most expensive signings at the time. 

Either way,  the rules have changed, and I've no idea if we'd be able to sign him or someone like him now

• Like 2

Having just listened to a breakdown on one of the Podcasts, that Otavio bloke doesn't sound like just a  " Wide player " as i've seen from comments here.

Seems he can play several positions in midfield, hid defensive, passing stats and some others are actually better than Ramsey, McGinn etc.

In the little summary I heard, he is closer to a more versatile Buendia if anything. 

He's also " short " lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Having just listened to a breakdown on one of the Podcasts, that Otavio bloke doesn't sound like just a  " Wide player " as i've seen from comments here.

Seems he can play several positions in midfield, hid defensive, passing stats and some others are actually better than Ramsey, McGinn etc.

In the little summary I heard, he is closer to a more versatile Buendia if anything. 

He's also " short " lol

I thought the link to us was confirmed rubbish, and was in fact Leeds?