Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

That's very embarrassing for Everton. Surely it can't be £20m.

It’s a very Everton signing if that goes through. The guy is shit and hasn’t been near the first team for two years.

if Everton sign him and tarkowski I can’t really see how they are improving on the current squad while also likely loosing richarleson they could be in real trouble again 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

It’s a very Everton signing if that goes through. The guy is shit and hasn’t been near the first team for two years.

if Everton sign him and tarkowski I can’t really see how they are improving on the current squad while also likely loosing richarleson they could be in real trouble again 

He made 30 appearances for Spurs last season, and 30 the season before.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

He made 30 appearances for Spurs last season, and 30 the season before.

I don't think he is as bad as people are making out. I wouldn't want us to sign him but he will help stabilise Everton's midfield.

Realistically we need just a new LB to be cover / understudy to Digne

If you look at the signings Gerrard has made

Digne

Coutinho

Chambers

Kamara

Carlos

Olsen

*new LB

You've 7 new signings and 4 or maybe 5 starters there. A new 8 hinges in Luiz being sold. While a new CF isn't as big of a priority if we keep Archer around and are using 1 CF in majority of the games. To me it doesn't feel like there is a CF we can sign which we would be happy with. I'm thinking maybe we sign Moise Kean on Loan with an option to buy or something? He won't want to take that up and try get mins ahead of Watkins/Ings. 

We also don't know if Bailey will adapt to play as part of a 2 up top with Watkins in the split striker roles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterw said:

He kept the Black Pearl from Jack Sparrow for a good few years and built up a petty decent fleet by the end so seems to have that something about him (bit of flair mixed with a bit of steel) that we need.

Finally managed to get that monkey off his back thou.

• Haha 1

Winks is a half decent player really in the right setup. Don't think he would be very good for us but I understand why clubs may want him. 20m is probably a little on the high side though. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Realistically we need just a new LB to be cover / understudy to Digne

If you look at the signings Gerrard has made

Digne

Coutinho

Chambers

Kamara

Carlos

Olsen

*new LB

You've 7 new signings and 4 or maybe 5 starters there. A new 8 hinges in Luiz being sold. While a new CF isn't as big of a priority if we keep Archer around and are using 1 CF in majority of the games. To me it doesn't feel like there is a CF we can sign which we would be happy with. I'm thinking maybe we sign Moise Kean on Loan with an option to buy or something? He won't want to take that up and try get mins ahead of Watkins/Ings. 

We also don't know if Bailey will adapt to play as part of a 2 up top with Watkins in the split striker roles.

I don't get this line. Realistically for what? Do you think we'll push for Europe if we just sign a back up left back?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't get this line. Realistically for what? Do you think we'll push for Europe if we just sign a back up left back?

Agree. If we have any ambition at all of finishing in the top 7/8 then we need far more than a back up left back. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember when Watkins used just a little bit of muscle and a little bit of nous and ran straight over him like he was roadkill.

Pass.

I Dont Believe You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I agree with the opinion that Harry Winks for Everton has zero net benefit, for minus £20 milliion squid. They have learnt nothing. 

Is that 20 pounds worth of a million squids or a million squids that cost 20 pounds? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember when Watkins used just a little bit of muscle and a little bit of nous and ran straight over him like he was roadkill.

Pass.

Do you mean when watkins ran in to him, nearly fell over,  just about stayed on his feet, took a bad touch, shot wide but the defender deflected it in to the net?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 3