Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, useless said:

Bale seems like one of those links that people boo-hoo and then he goes somewhere else does okay after which people reflect and think 'he wouldn't have been so bad after all'.

As long as it's not on ridiculous wages, I don't think it would be the worst signing, truth be told he'd be one of our best players for the games that he's fit for.

People question his fitness and commitment and maybe rightly so, but it's not as if we're going to sign him if he can hardly play, or if he isn't commitment enough, that stuff will be looked into.

Not really bothered if we sign him or not.

I’m the same … I’d trust the process if Bale was to sign. I think lot of the presumptions on him can only be bias based on the Spanish media, as he always comes across well in UK interviews and gets unfairly criticised IMO… the regular injuries are a slight concern though.

He may be washed up or he may have put stayed his welcome and stayed 2/3 years too long which has clouded judgement and the fact that he is still on his his day a world class player.  So it’s easy to dismiss Bale as past it or looking just to the WC and more interested in golf, but even at 33 he can still perform a role for a club in our current position… With all that said I but don’t necessarily advocate we should strongly sign him either. As I said at the beginning if he signs then all the due diligence on his desire &  attitude and fitness will have been preformed so can’t see any downsides if that’s the case as all signings come with risks.

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

How would we line up with Bale in the team?

I don’t want Bale but for fun…

Martinez

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Kamara Sangare

Buendia Coutinho Bale

Ings

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Have him hold his arms straight over his head and jump. Then measure how high the tips of his fingers are at the apex.

So only a standing jump? Surely a running jump would get higher therefore a higher ceiling would be found?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Spare room. He could clean and look after the kids. 

But the kids would all then come out after that time with a silly top knot hairstyle….based on that

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t want Bale but for fun…

Martinez

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Kamara Sangare

Buendia Coutinho Bale

Ings

No JJ no yay yay.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I generally use this…

2080DA35-A43E-4F4F-BB4D-05DF8A4E2C06.jpeg

That's a couple of emojis off of being a Dr. Tony transfer hint tweet.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So only a standing jump? Surely a running jump would get higher therefore a higher ceiling would be found?

If you're running your forward momentum will reduce your verticality. Science.

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If you're running your forward momentum will reduce your verticality. Science.

Really, didn’t know that! Thought running gets more momentum hence why attackers run into the box and leap at corners higher than defenders standard leaping.  You learn something new every day!

Do you think there is a chance we could go for Tielemans? One year left on his contract,  based in the midlands and yes I'm sure he wants champions league football but as we know with Kamara and others that money talks as well as the Gerrard factor and we could pay him a lot more than he is currently on. I think he would be a great 8 for us and would instantly help improve our possession stats and control of games. If we did get him I imagine Gerrard could make him captain as he is a very experienced player for his age and Rodgers always says that he is his manager on the pitch and he would be one of only a few players that would be a nailed on starter. Plus he takes a great penalty which is something we miss with El Ghazi going. 

I don't think it's too far fetched to think a deal like this could happen.

In an hour and a half it will be two weeks three days until the players return for pre season training. That makes me think that with our professional, proactive CEO, Manager and Scouts, there will be another key incoming signing in the next few days.

56 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Do you think there is a chance we could go for Tielemans? One year left on his contract,  based in the midlands and yes I'm sure he wants champions league football but as we know with Kamara and others that money talks as well as the Gerrard factor and we could pay him a lot more than he is currently on. I think he would be a great 8 for us and would instantly help improve our possession stats and control of games. If we did get him I imagine Gerrard could make him captain as he is a very experienced player for his age and Rodgers always says that he is his manager on the pitch and he would be one of only a few players that would be a nailed on starter. Plus he takes a great penalty which is something we miss with El Ghazi going. 

I don't think it's too far fetched to think a deal like this could happen.

He's leaving Leicester to play CL.

Mind you mostly linked with Arsenal.

Not realistic for us otherwise you could just link us with Ruben Neves instead who's in similar position.