Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

This Bale link is pure rubbish, right?

I don't hear any inside stuff but a close friend who has a colleague who claims to be ITK said Bale was very much on a couple of weeks ago. 

I assumed it was bullshit but maybe it might not be.

• Like 1

Bale seems like one of those links that people boo-hoo and then he goes somewhere else does okay after which people reflect and think 'he wouldn't have been so bad after all'.

As long as it's not on ridiculous wages, I don't think it would be the worst signing, truth be told he'd be one of our best players for the games that he's fit for.

People question his fitness and commitment and maybe rightly so, but it's not as if we're going to sign him if he can hardly play, or if he isn't commitment enough, that stuff will be looked into.

Not really bothered if we sign him or not.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If the club and Gerrard have dreams of Europa League next season, the transfers are far from done.

If he has dreams of top 10 the transfers aren't done... 

We're just in the usual lull, the pre contracts are done, the transfers that have been agreed for months have been announced, the players that were available have moved, now its waiting for the internationals to end, the players to return from holiday and those transfers that are held up by moving parts 

The windows barely started yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If he has dreams of top 10 the transfers aren't done... 

completely agree.  We aren’t just competing with teams that are standing still, teams above us will be improving and it’s going to be a challenge to get top 10 if we are done, which I think is far from the reality.  We still have some more transfer activity to come imo.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

completely agree.  We aren’t just competing with teams that are standing still, teams above us will be improving and it’s going to be a challenge to get top 10 if we are done, which I think is far from the reality.  We still have some more transfer activity to come imo.

I really hope we have, in reality, I with many fans didn't enjoy last season too much if I'm honest. We lost too many games playing rubbish, rather than being out fought.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I really hope we have, in reality, I with many fans didn't enjoy last season too much if I'm honest. We lost too many games playing rubbish, rather than being out fought.

I really hope too.  Love the activity we have done so far but we need more quality to move forward.  Like you, I didn’t enjoy last season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Bale seems like one of those links that people boo-hoo and then he goes somewhere else does okay after which people reflect and think 'he wouldn't have been so bad after all'.

As long as it's not on ridiculous wages, I don't think it would be the worst signing, truth be told he'd be one of our best players for the games that he's fit for.

People question his fitness and commitment and maybe rightly so, but it's not as if we're going to sign him if he can hardly play, or if he isn't commitment enough, that stuff will be looked into.

Not really bothered if we sign him or not.

The Bale thing (related to Villa or not) is not about him as an individual or commitment in that sense, just that he has openly said he just wants whatever will have him in best shape for the World Cup fitness wise - so likely a game every couple of weeks and an individual training schedule. I’d be fine with it if it fit Gerrard’s plans but I can’t see it.

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wouldn’t say no if we could get him at a good price. 

he’s probably a better 6 than an 8.  For Denmark he plays pretty well in an 8 like role 

Too one dimesnisonal for the excessive fee levy will strive for 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Too one dimesnisonal for the excessive fee levy will strive for 

Go some aggression though, which we need desperately.

Not sure I would sell him for Bissouma, kinda 50/50 who is the best at there best?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I don't hear any inside stuff but a close friend who has a colleague who claims to be ITK said Bale was very much on a couple of weeks ago. 

I assumed it was bullshit but maybe it might not be.

If I'm honest, I'd actually be more warm to Bale, than I would be Suarez, for example.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t mind Bale and I don’t think his sage demands would be as much as we think.
He wants to be ready for the World Cup and he is very rich man. I’d just question his commitment to club football these days.

Can see him rocking up at Cardiff.