Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I see there are reports in The Athletic & Daily Mail today that Arsenal have had a bid of around 30m Euros for Ajax's Lisandro Martinez rejected. He's a 24 year old, left sided central defender, who can apparently also provide cover at left back and central midfield, and it's been said Ajax "know they have other clubs ready to bid". I wonder whether we might be one of those clubs? If so, he may possibly be getting a call from a couple of his fellow Argentine internationals, who are already at Villa Park and hopefully not one from his former boss. (Athletic link below):    

https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal-transfer-news-lisandro-martinez/3iPwjhtTFA9z/

Edited by John
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I thought that when it passed my mind a couple of months ago.

raise the profile a bit

We’ve already got our commercial darling in Coutinho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

I see there are reports in The Athletic & Daily Mail today that Arsenal have had a bid of around 30m Euros for Ajax's Lisandro Martinez rejected. He's a 24 year old, left sided central defender, who can apparently also provide cover at left back and central midfield, and it's been said Ajax "know they have other clubs ready to bid". I wonder whether we might be one of those clubs? If so, he may possibly be getting a call from a couple of his fellow Argentine internationals, who are already at Villa Park and hopefully not one from his former boss. (Athletic link below):    

https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal-transfer-news-lisandro-martinez/3iPwjhtTFA9z/

John.....A centre back 5'9?

don't they play any high balls in the Eridivise?

I wouldn't go near a centre back below 6 foot, in our League.:bang:

I'm gutted Arsenal haven't signed him.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

I get the impression Bale is only interested in keeping his fitness topped up so he can appear in the World Cup. 

Don’t think he’d offer any commitment to the club and wouldn’t be surprised to see him retire at the end of the season anyway.

Waste of wages in my opinion, especially when we have Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore to fill his position. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

John.....A centre back 5'9?

don't they play any high balls in the Eridivise?

I wouldn't go near a centre back below 6 foot, in our League.

I hadn't realised that. He must leap like a salmon to win his aerial challenges! ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I get the impression Bale is only interested in keeping his fitness topped up so he can appear in the World Cup. 

Don’t think he’d offer any commitment to the club and wouldn’t be surprised to see him retire at the end of the season anyway.

Waste of wages in my opinion, especially when we have Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore to fill his position. 

and 2 of them are iffy.