Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

34 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bloody hell, what is the story with reading comprehension. Where did he say he wouldn't want Tielemans?

Yes. Yes this seems like a perfect example of MY poor reading comprehension. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don’t think it will happen, but Jesus would be perfect. The ability to play as a 9 and also as a wide player would be perfect for our system. 

He's said he doesn't want to be a 9, wants to be a wide man

Edit - that said if he does sign for arsenal and their choice of striker on day one is Jesus, Eddie or balogun then good luck to him getting his way on that 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yarmolenko and Michail Antonio are not better than Watkins and Ings. I'd concede that Antonio suits their style of play more than our strikers fit ours though. 

Antonio scored 10 goals in each of the last 3 seasons (in 36, 26 and 24 games).

Yarmolenko scored 1 goal last season in 19 games (no points for guessing who against).

Bowen and Benrahma don't play as strikers so leaving those out of it, thoughi like both players

If antonio was younger id take him over both watkins and ings

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's only played as a striker for the last 3. Started as a RB.

He played as right mid as opposed to RB. He played two PL games as RB in the last 6 years and the years before that he played 7 PL games as a RB

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Brentford apparently make £18m bid for Hickey. I thought he was off to Arsenal?

We should be trying to sign him if there’s a chance he’ll go to Brentford.

Could challenge for both full-back positions.

I think part of the problem with trying to sign Hickey is that he probably doesn't want to be challenging for his place. Yes he would be a nice addition but our Polish goal scorer and Digne will be first choice FBs imo and it will be tough to displace them

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's only played as a striker for the last 3. Started as a RB.

Granted he's been moved around a lot in his west ham days but since he's been an out and out striker his best return is 10 goals. 

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

With so many of the Villa squad away on international duty our preseason won't start properly until at least the majority of them have returned

Who are away? Martinez, McGinn, Coutinho, Kamara, Cash, Olsen, Digne. JJ and Archer I suppose too. 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who are away? Martinez, McGinn, Coutinho, Kamara, Cash, Olsen, Digne. JJ and Archer I suppose too. 

Bailey and Traore are away too. That's a lot of players absent to prevent a proper preseason until they return imo