Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Here’s hoping 🤞. But while they are signing the likes of Haaland for £70m and others are signing the next tier down for £50m there will still be a gap for a little while I think. 

Yeah definitely, but like the thing where people fill up spaces on a bus seat by seat and only when all seats are taken by sitting next to other passengers, I think a footballing equivalent will happen to a degree. City may still have an advantage, but it may be reduced moving forwards.

However, I am usually always wrong. About everything.

• Like 1

I don’t think we’ll sign Jesus.

But.

If there is as much as a sniff, I’m sure we’ll be trying. I’d argue it was less likely we’d sign someone like Coutinho from Barcelona, so maybe, just maybe, we can offer him a big wedge of money and with the Brazilians we have here, it might turn his head. 

A signing like Jesus would certainly mean someone like Watkins was on his way, but I think we could all accept that. 

Very, very unlikely still. I imagine he’ll end up at Arsenal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He had a bleeding boast about gaining followers…. Jeeze 

why do you believe this ITK more than any of the others? what so special about him? 

Christ almighty stop crucifying him

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think we’ll sign Jesus.

But.

If there is as much as a sniff, I’m sure we’ll be trying. I’d argue it was less likely we’d sign someone like Coutinho from Barcelona, so maybe, just maybe, we can offer him a big wedge of money and with the Brazilians we have here, it might turn his head. 

A signing like Jesus would certainly mean someone like Watkins was on his way, but I think we could all accept that. 

Very, very unlikely still. I imagine he’ll end up at Arsenal. 

We could play him and watkins together 🤐

• Confused 1

There's no way he is coming to Villa. He'll have offers from Chelsea n Arsenal, we are way off from attracting that Calibre of player. 

You don't just go from a title winning team to the team that finished 14th.

The thing is with being ITK you could very well have access to our targets and can be seen as reliable but with football things change drastically. Some people thought Mbappe was destined to join Real Madrid to the point that he had verbally agreed to join them, then last minute he changed his mind and signed an extension with PSG. It’s not really the ITKs fault because they were told a bit of info that they believed was true at the time and it probably was.

But a lot of ITKs do stab in the dark with a lot of names and some transfers that end up happening they will act a bit smug about it. 

Saying all of that I don’t believe Jesus is joining us, I do think he’s Arsenal bound. Edu has this love for his fellow Brazilians and that will be a big factor in convincing Jesus to play there.

Wildly musing poss signing Of Jesus … Think of it this way if he was to join he’d a) get a fat salary and signing on fee b) get to play with Coutihno, Carlos, Luiz ? C) without added European games he’s get would be sharper for the WC d) convince him that by signing him we’d finish top 6 e) would be the main man, #1 THE star player f)uck all chance of it happening …

Edited by thabucks

Won't be coming to Villa and at that price i wouldn't want him. He's a 1 in 3 striker, which considering he's been playing for City is pretty poor. 8 and 9 league goals in the last 2 seasons and he got 4 in one game last season. Much better value out there, I'm sure.

• Like 2