Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Reminds me of that Sorloth guy who was at Palace and didn't score much, then scored a million goals in Turkey but again mediocre form back in major european leagues so you get that with some players.

Only after seeing this post did I realise I'd basically mashed the two together in my memory.

Would have confidently told you the guy who got two for Denmark other day struggled at Palace and Leipzig.

They are similar yes!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Juve can't sell Kean as he's only halfway through a two-year loan - even if they trigger the buy clause. It's a non-starter.

The link does say they're tempted to buy him and sell him straight away. No rule against it as he won't have played for too many clubs in the year period when the season starts.

Alternatively they could loan him with obligatory buy.

Everton would happily do it as they're desperate for FFP saving cash

We're linked to a Quentin Merlin. 20 year old, left back, playing for Nantes. Scored his first goal recently.

I say get him. I'd like someone named Quentin in the squad, and the obvious fish puns to follow is a nice bonus.

• Haha 1

Just now, Gompedyret said:

We're linked to a Quentin Merlin. 20 year old, left back, playing for Nantes. Scored his first goal recently.

I say get him. I'd like someone named Quentin in the squad, and the obvious fish puns to follow is a nice bonus.

You’ve missed all of his magical puns already 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

https://football-italia.net/botman-confirms-milan-working-on-transfer/

25-30 million euros and 3 million euros a year as a wage is so low for him 😥

Its the right price and the right place for him.

Its only the prems insane money which skews things.  Slower game which will not expose his lack of outright pace . Him and Tomori will be a brilliant partnership . Brilliant

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

The link does say they're tempted to buy him and sell him straight away. No rule against it as he won't have played for too many clubs in the year period when the season starts.

Alternatively they could loan him with obligatory buy.

Everton would happily do it as they're desperate for FFP saving cash

Yeah I'd say it's structured as a Loan fee per year and a final payment to buy him. Structured for Juventus FFP calcs. I assume they can pay the final loan fee and final payment to get it done this summer if they want to sell him. 

He's an interesting one. Sure he wasn't great in his first season with Everton. But his goals to mins for PSG and Juve are pretty good. He's young and is a player we could improve. 

I've no idea if we are in for him but he still has plenty of potential

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

https://football-italia.net/botman-confirms-milan-working-on-transfer/

25-30 million euros and 3 million euros a year as a wage is so low for him 😥

It does seem like a bit of a bargain buy, but not as good as Kamara :). No doubt the Toon fans will be saying they never wanted him and that they didn't offer a bigger transfer fee and bigger wages 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It does seem like a bit of a bargain buy, but not as good as Kamara :). No doubt the Toon fans will be saying they never wanted him and that they didn't offer a bigger transfer fee and bigger wages 

They'll wheel out the same line they used when they missed out on Carlos, they were quoted 60m€ in January so have decided to go elsewhere, Burn is good enough anyway, they never really wanted him 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'll wheel out the same line they used when they missed out on Carlos, they were quoted 60m€ in January so have decided to go elsewhere, Burn is good enough anyway, they never really wanted him 

Media reporting they want Ake and City want 50m. It will be funny if they come in with a big offer for Mings. The Toon fans see Mings as not good enough for them. Maybe we could sell them Konsa too and give them 3 of our back four from last season :)

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its the right price and the right place for him.

Its only the prems insane money which skews things.  Slower game which will not expose his lack of outright pace . Him and Tomori will be a brilliant partnership . Brilliant

He might actually struggle to get in the Milan team as well Kalulu and Tomori were brilliant at the end of the season plus Kjaer was playing well before his injury

11 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

As a person of a certain age (and in ill-informed and ignorant days) calling someone a "Quent" was quite the insult during my skool boy days :

MV5BNDM5NTlhYzEtYTljMy00M2U4LWJjNmQtZDUxOWQzMmY2ZjExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExMTc3NzU5._V1_.jpg