Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Swapping Doug for Kean at Juve?  He is still Everton's player isn't he?

Awful deal.

Kean is terrible, couldn't hit a barn door for Everton and can't get a look in at Juventus.

It's a solid no from me.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Awful deal.

Kean is terrible, couldn't hit a barn door for Everton and can't get a look in at Juventus.

It's a solid no from me.

He is on loan from Everton, but Juventus will buy him to sell him ..... 

However, the complex deal structure with Everton does not allow the Italians to part ways with Kean. In order to offload Kean, the Bianconeri will first have redeem Kean permanently from the Toffees and then put him on the market. In actuality, Juventus were to sign Kean next summer after the two year loan period was over but the Bianconeri have been contemplating redeeming the 22 year old this summer.

According to Tutto Mercato Web, Juve will be obliged to pay €28 million for the former PSG man. However, they do not plan to keep him and instead put him immediately on the market. The striker is admired in the Premier League and should be sold by Juventus which will allow the Old Lady to bring Giacomo Raspadori from Sassuolo.

https://princerupertstower.com/2022/06/06/juventus-buy-moise-kean-everton-sell/

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If we do sell Davis to Forest or whoever and replace him with Kean, it’s clearly an upgrade and Kean is two years younger. 

But at the same time he's clearly not the answer, we'll have replaced our 3rd/4th choice striker for a 3rd/4th choice striker, spending £15-20m in the process 

Kean would be a pointless signing 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But at the same time he's clearly not the answer, we'll have replaced our 3rd/4th choice striker for a 3rd/4th choice striker, spending £15-20m in the process 

Kean would be a pointless signing 

I completely disagree. Kean is only 22, has time on his side to improve and would offer us something I’m sure.  

Edited by ferguson1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Who?

Thought I had gone back in time, we were talking about this yesterday with the same jokes that followed.  Some of you guys are a day behind!!! 😂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thought I had gone back in time, we were talking about this yesterday with the same jokes that followed.  Some of you guys are a day behind!!! 😂

Phew, I thought I was going a bit mad or that my hangover was a lot worse that it is. I feel better it is not only me thinking I was in the Twilight zone

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Nope! But would be a useful option off the bench and cover for injuries etc. 

If we sign a striker, it will be to start. We already have options off the bench in that position. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I completely disagree. Kean is only 22, has time on his side to improve and would offer us something I’m sure.  

Disagree, Kean would only offer the odd goal in the event Ings and Watkins were both injured but many missed chances to get there. In the mean time he'd just steal minutes from Archer.

We either need to buy

- A top striker, ready to step in ahead of Watkins.

- Genuine competition for Watkins and sell Ings if we don't think he fits our style.

Maybe there is room for a competing striker if we play 2 up front. But needs to be genuine quality with room to develop. Like Jonathan David maybe but not Moise Kean.

Buying a third striker who is noticeably worse than our current two is a waste of time. 

Edited by HalfTimePost