Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Bissouma stuff isn't clickbait. I would say it's fairly obvious we're in for him, or certainly in for him in the past. Like I say, I doubt he'll join anyway. 

Looks like he wants to move to Arsenal judging by his Instagram story. 

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

In FFP times the losses on Sanson and Traore would be fairly low. Selling traore for 8m would be about breakeven and Sanson for 8m would be about 2m/3m. Throw in the savings on wages and it looks like a very good move from an FFP perspective

Sounds ideal, however I’d feel it would be tricky to even shift these two for free. It’s not our selling fee is an issue it’s their expected wage demands. Any interested clubs would be in the French league and they don’t have that kind of money anymore. Somewhat the same with the other European leagues. 

it’s a similar situation to the older player n “no resale value” problem. Transfer fees are meaningless on their own, factor in wages and it becomes a problem to move players on. 

Villa currently has a bloated squad and to be fair not on major wages, for Prem standards, but compared to their counterparts in Europe, the wages are maybe high. Especially for players like Sanson and Traore who don’t play enough to show their value.

I’m sure it will be fine, but it’s a concern. Not just for Villa, but other Prem Clubs too. 

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Looks like he wants to move to Arsenal judging by his Instagram story. 

Can’t say I blame him if it was between just Arsenal or us. They finished 5th last season and will push for a top four place again. We finished 14th and will be fighting for a top ten or top eight finish if we’re lucky.

You win some, you lose some. Not everyone will be sold by our project and I’m ok with that.

I only want players who really want to come and believe in what we’re aiming for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sounds ideal, however I’d feel it would be tricky to even shift these two for free. It’s not our selling fee is an issue it’s their expected wage demands. Any interested clubs would be in the French league and they don’t have that kind of money anymore. Somewhat the same with the other European leagues. 

it’s a similar situation to the older player n “no resale value” problem. Transfer fees are meaningless on their own, factor in wages and it becomes a problem to move players on. 

Villa currently has a bloated squad and to be fair not on major wages, for Prem standards, but compared to their counterparts in Europe, the wages are maybe high. Especially for players like Sanson and Traore who don’t play enough to show their value.

I’m sure it will be fine, but it’s a concern. Not just for Villa, but other Prem Clubs too. 

I agree, the wages will be a problem when trying to sell on. However, the average PL wage is crazy now and 40k/50k is not exactly seen as expensive these days. Sanson and Traore have a lot of positive attributes and I can see some teams liking the and if the sale price is under 10m that is somewhat seen as a risk free purchase these days. The players would get a longer contract to what they have remaining a VP and could see an opportunity to get more game time and possibly take a wage cut or maybe take a payment from us to bugger off e.g. 1m each to accept a lower wage from another club. If will be interesting to see what Lange can do

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I'd personally be looking to keep Traore and move on El Ghazi and Trezeguet. I still like Traore and think he's a good wildcard, El Ghazi and Trez have had their chances now and shown themselves to be possibly more suited to football elsewhere in Europe. 

Yeah Traore and Bailey both injured constantly throughout the season, fully fit they could still find a place in the squad. Not convinced either has the consistency to start 30+ games for us but could still slot in on occasion either tactically or as cover, and would be useful options off the bench. 

El Ghazi and Trezeguet I think we’ve seen enough to know they’re just below the level required, not bad players at all just don’t have that extra something special to be PL attackers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Can’t say I blame him if it was between just Arsenal or us. They finished 5th last season and will push for a top four place again. We finished 14th and will be fighting for a top ten or top eight finish if we’re lucky.

You win some, you lose some. Not everyone will be sold by our project and I’m ok with that.

I only want players who really want to come and believe in what we’re aiming for. 

He hasn't had the knock on the door from Gerrard yet :)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree, the wages will be a problem when trying to sell on. However, the average PL wage is crazy now and 40k/50k is not exactly seen as expensive these days. Sanson and Traore have a lot of positive attributes and I can see some teams liking the and if the sale price is under 10m that is somewhat seen as a risk free purchase these days. The players would get a longer contract to what they have remaining a VP and could see an opportunity to get more game time and possibly take a wage cut or maybe take a payment from us to bugger off e.g. 1m each to accept a lower wage from another club. If will be interesting to see what Lange can do

Yeah as I said, their wages are not exactly expensive, in Prem terms.. but the Prem and it’s dealings have over inflated the market. So much so that the other leagues can barely compete financially. So a tiny wage like 50k a week is breaking some of these clubs backs. 

but yeah, maybe we have to chip in on wages to clear them out. Or maybe Stevie G will turn up totheir houses and sell them the project or Bertie Traore

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

We still lack a tough guy in midfield. Kamara isn't that guy. We have typically been somewhat of a soft touch down the years and a physical CM with a spikey edge to him would be a good thing IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Who?

His wand of a left foot was discussed at length here yesterday when this was originally posted. 

Fairly comparable with Guilbert who operates as a wing back in the same league.  Merlin has slightly better offensive stats, and slightly worse defensive stats. Merlin significantly younger though and more required given our lack of a back up left back (assuming we're happy with Chambers or KKH as a back up right back).  Sounds like he'd fit our style of play well. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. It's going to be a lot tougher than people think. Take Traore for example. His value is almost meaningless as nobody is going to pay those wages. We might value him at £15m but he's not going anywhere regardless. 
The club may have to take a fairly sizeable loss on some of these players in order to move them on. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Traore stays and rides the bench. I don't get the feeling that it would be a problem for him either.

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We still lack a tough guy in midfield. Kamara isn't that guy. We have typically been somewhat of a soft touch down the years and a physical CM with a spikey edge to him would be a good thing IMO. 

Fofana or cheick doucoure would both be great signings 

• Like 1

The

@AVFCOfficial

is interested in #Kean . Offered as a counterpart the midfielder #DouglasLuiz 24 years old, Olympic gold medal with the  🇧🇷 national team in Tokyo.

To me, it suggests we’re in for Moise Kean and maybe using using Dougie as a part exchange. 

to be honest I ain’t got a clue 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867hecc7w7lp5ljt6n7v

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

To me, it suggests we’re in for Moise Kean and maybe using using Dougie as a part exchange. 

Michael Kean from Everton obviously.

gross-vomit.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Swapping Doug for Kean at Juve?  He is still Everton's player isn't he?

• Like 3