Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The 'afford' bit might be interesting - the wages he'll want will certainly be high, but I'm guessing that the Everton board might accept an offer that's on the cheap side of pretty reasonable. Given your difficulties with FFP and the peculiarities of your ownership situation, there will definitely be a temptation to cash in on an asset or two this summer in order to give Lampard some sort of funding in the transfer market - I wouldn't be too surprised to see Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin shopped around as a book balancing exercise.

One of them will deffo go if not both, yes our inept board have put us in this terrible situation, i would sell Calvert-Lewin in a heartbeat but I'm not sure who would buy him for the fee we will want.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They keep him about to make sure they can fill the “trained at club” quota 

Think there was talk of him being loaned out to someone like Southampton if they can't get Armando Broja back.

Or perhaps to championship if Preston can't get Archer back.

Seems he was injured for most of last season.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Joao Pedro going cheap with Cagliari going down, he's hit some solid scoring stats through last few seasons and all their play goes through him. Italy also called him up for the March games.

Perhaps not the right fit for where we want to go but he'd be an interesting pick up for one of the promoted teams I think.

Edit: Not even a striker, more attacking midfielder. Scored 18, 16 and 13 in last three Serie A seasons and rarely gets injured. 

His record is very good but he has a weird style of play, he always looks really slow and reminds me a bit like Wesley

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

100 million for a player in the Portuguese league  😂😂

I think Haris Seferovic got 20 goals there recently 

Is the Champions League a high enough level for you? Because in eight matches against Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Ajax and Liverpool he scored six goals.

I'm not spending £100 million on him, either, but he's a very good player already and likely to get better. He's big, strong, fast and intelligent. 

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Is the Champions League a high enough level for you? Because in eight matches against Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Ajax and Liverpool he scored six goals.

I'm not spending £100 million on him, either, but he's a very good player already and likely to get better. He's big, strong, fast and intelligent. 

He would be worth 100m if he did it again next season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Whilst the queen was drinking tea, I've been scouting around the world. So here we are Strikers we SHOULD sign.

Charles De Ketelaere. 21. 14 goals 7 assists in 33 games. Club Brugge

Liam Delap. Age 19. Manchester City

Evanilson. 22. Porto. 30 games 14 goals. 

Gianluca Scamacca. Age 23. 16 goals in 32 games. Sassuolo

Marcos Leonardo. Age 19. Santos. 3 goals in 9 games

Having seen a lot of Gianlucca Scamacca, he had a great season, but everything about him screams one-hit wonder to me. Made a killing against the bottom of the league. He had 3 goals in 12 matches against the top 6 teams and 13 goals in 24 matches against everyone else.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Having seen a lot of Gianlucca Scamacca, he had a great season, but everything about him screams one-hit wonder to me. Made a killing against the bottom of the league. He had 3 goals in 12 matches against the top 6 teams and 13 goals in 24 matches against everyone else.

It could be true, I was very impressed when they played Inter a few months back and he gave the back line a run around

Tattoos are ridiculous though :P  

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

It could be true, I was very impressed when they played Inter a few months back and he gave the back line a run around

Tattoos are ridiculous though :P  

Yeah, he was only able to get one shot in 74 minutes against Inter, but he made it count. He works hard off the ball, which I appreciate, but even the goal he scored against Inter was the result of his marker thinking he was offside. 

And the tattoos are definitely ridiculous. 😂

• Like 1

If we can get rid of Bailey, Trez, El Ghazi and Traore we should go all out for Cody Gakpo
Age 23, 12 goals and 13 assists. Left Winger/ Striker. PSV captain. Very similar to Mane

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If we can get rid of Bailey, Trez, El Ghazi and Traore we should go all out for Cody Gakpo
Age 23, 12 goals and 13 assists. Left Winger/ Striker. PSV captain. Very similar to Mane

Keep Bailey, but sell the other 3.

Gakpo is very good.

• Like 3

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Keep Bailey, but sell the other 3.

Gakpo is very good.

Gakpo, Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey is some attacking options! 
Keep watkins and Ings, Buy Gakpo and Bisoumma. We are sorted!

• Like 3

With an upgraded defence and midfield, I reckon we have enough solidity to unleash the creativity for Watkins and Ings to really up the scoring next season, with Archer ready to step up in a year's time. Not sure we need to spunk a load of wedge on another striker. Don't seem to be many options that would really improve us in our shopping zone. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

He's the new Harry Kane for me. Just needs a chance

This sounds insane but I know what you mean. Similar style, similar technique - I think he will score bags of goals once he gets a run somewhere, and I don’t think it’ll be City. But I also think they wouldn’t sell him.

• Like 1

Davide Frattesi, who I think is my number 1 choice for our new midfielder, starts for Italy tonight.

Real all rounder, uses both feet, loads of energy in his play. Linked with Roma and I think is available for £25m. Not sure why Roma would buy Luiz over him, and I do rate Luiz.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Davide Frattesi, who I think is my number 1 choice for our new midfielder, starts for Italy tonight.

Real all rounder, uses both feet, loads of energy in his play. Linked with Roma and I think is available for £25m. Not sure why Roma would buy Luiz over him, and I do rate Luiz.

I know you’ve mentioned him before. Better than Bissouma?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I know you’ve mentioned him before. Better than Bissouma?

He'll probably be better than him at everything in two years.

Right now he would give us more in an attacking sense. Far more of a goal threat. If you want a holding player now, it's Bissouma. An "8", I'd go Frattesi personally. Never know how someone would adapt of course!

All in, fee and wages, I think he'd cost £45m. Bissouma probably about £60m. Not much of a difference across five years really, aside of any sort of return should you sell them. Frattesi obviously much more beneficial there.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll probably be better than him at everything in two years.

Right now he would give us more in an attacking sense. Far more of a goal threat. If you want a holding player now, it's Bissouma. An "8", I'd go Frattesi personally. Never know how someone would adapt of course!

All in, fee and wages, I think he'd cost £45m. Bissouma probably about £60m. Not much of a difference across five years really, aside of any sort of return should you sell them. Frattesi obviously much more beneficial there.

Fair assessment. Can’t wait to see who we bring in, in that position. Obviously there are the players we’ve been linked quite heavily to - Phillips, Bissouma, Kondogbia etc. but I still think it will be someone that hasn’t been mentioned. I think Phillips will join City and Bissouma will go to Spurs or Chelsea. We won’t sign Kondogbia. 

A good central midfielder should cement our position in the top half of the table next year. 

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I dont know where Luiz fits in the midfield at Roma unless they are selling somebody 

I think Veretout is one thats leaving and Frattesi could replace him