Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Palace really have their heads screwed on in the market. Interesting to see this, feels like this would've been a no brainer for us last season. Interested to see how he does in the Prem.

Really enjoying seeing Palace build their squad

Im more interested to see what Brighton do. 

27 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Also one of the most physically intimidating teams in the league. Some fantastic athletes in that squad

There is, but if we get Bissouma, a midfield three of Kamara, Ramsey and Bissouma matches anything they, or any other team have in terms of athleticism. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Im more interested to see what Brighton do. 

Particularly as Dan Ashworth has left - although he has yet to formally take up position at Newcastle as they still need to technically buy out his Brighton contract.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There is, but if we get Bissouma, a midfield three of Kamara, Ramsey and Bissouma matches anything they, or any other team have in terms of athleticism. 

We won't get Bissouma though I don't think 

• Like 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

We won't get Bissouma though I don't think 

Why? I’m not saying we will but if we are interested we have at least a reasonable shot especially as other teams are tentative 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he went straight to Newcastle, following Ashworth.

Not sure I agree, their focus is on other positions in the team.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

The reason no one has brought him every summer for god knows how many years is the expectations from the player AND the club.

Massive fees and massive wages, low and behold he is still there and now 30.

And I hope he's there the rest of his career. Phenomenal player.

19 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Because there are teams like Newcastle and Chelsea who will offer insane money 

I'm sure people were saying the same re: Coutinho, Digne, Kamara and Carlos. Bissouma is no higher profile than those.

• Like 2

Chelsea and Tottenham want Bissouma as well, it’s harder to compete with them because they can match what we offer him plus have Champions League football. I know Kamara came when he had the Atletico offer, but for the last year or so we’ve heard noise from Bissoumas camp that he wants Champions League football.

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

What if we do not sign anyone else? Anyone think that’s a possibility?

Possibly if we can't sell or loan anyone out, but I don't think it's likely.

Although it's probably bullshit merchants hunting clicks, I do believe those who say the club will focus on outgoings now as our wage bill must be huge compared to the end of last season.